STAR TREK: TWoK PHASER 3D PRINT

patrickivan

Sr Member
I found a pretty decent STAR TREK: II PHASER 3D print file on Thingiverse, made by user tillig

It has a few issues. The size was a little large, so I had to scale it down a little. The trigger is supposed to be a cylinder. The back of the PHASER is supposed to be beveled. I just did that with a sander after the print. It took 10 minutes including filling back in. I also had to make a new button control panel on Sketchup and print that up. I think I spent more time working on that stupid little piece than anything else. There are some other little design things, but overall, the shape is pretty good.

The colour is supposed to be a light metallic blue. I just happened to have some old toyota blue metallic paint that is pretty damned good for this.

I still have to make the acrylic crystal on the top. Fill in the front emitter groove. And fill in the side groves with multi-colour metallic reflective pattern material of some sort.

I know it's not perfect. I'm no painter. I tried though. Sanding. 3 coats of primer filler. Filler. Lots of sanding. Base coat. Sanding. Top coat. Wet sanding...

Ec5QikCXoAM0JgY?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Ec5QhhLWoAMCrVM?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Ec5QhwhXkAIgBt-?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Ec5QiFeWsAIj7XV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

If anyone has any idea for the metallic reflective foil for the grove down the side, I'd appreciate the input. I'm having a hell of a time nailing down what it looks like exactly.

So far, it could be a reflective mulit-coloured repeating triangular pattern. But I'm not sure, and if it is, I'm having trouble sourcing something to replicate that.

If anyone has any idea for the metallic reflective foil for the grove down the side, I'd appreciate the input. I'm having a hell of a time nailing down what it looks like exactly.

So far, it could be a reflective mulit-coloured repeating triangular pattern. But I'm not sure, and if it is, I'm having trouble sourcing something to replicate that.

This is what you are looking for...prismatic trim tape:

07F87CAD-D40A-457B-84F4-7B271C60544C.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back