Star Trek TOS style new phaser design

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

portland182

Wasn't quite sure where to post this....

This has been on the back burner for years, but I was finally able to have time as a lock down project.
The idea is that it's an early season one TOS phaser, that falls between the Cage Laser, and the season one black phaser, or perhaps an episode specific weapon.
And as it's my design I don't run foul of CBS.

Stuck now waiting for supplies to get the finish a little better.

Apologies to the people I borrowed the real prop images from...

Jim

Attachments

• phaser evolve.png
    phaser evolve.png
    3 MB · Views: 305

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jake88

Sr Member
Wasn't quite sure where to post this....

This has been on the back burner for years, but I was finally able to have time as a lock down project.
The idea is that it's an early season one TOS phaser, that falls between the Cage Laser, and the season one black phaser, or perhaps an episode specific weapon.
And as it's my design I don't run foul of CBS.

Stuck now waiting for supplies to get the finish a little better.

Apologies to the people I borrowed the real prop images from...

Jim
Looks cool man. Nice and sleek. Could a handheld (p2 phaser) make it even better?

portland182

I was thinking this was a phaser, but harking back to the Cage Laser. The black TOS phaser was the first to have the innovation of two devices joined to make an even more powerful weapon.

portland182

Surface has now taken far too long, but I'm calling it done.
The next one will be better...
Waiting for Matt varnish to dry - 24 hours per coat...

The first pic is of the glossy finish - Rover Anthracite Grey, the second is a photoshop of Kirk with the 'Wah Chang Mk4'

Jim

Attachments

• rover anthracite grey.png
    rover anthracite grey.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 143
  • wc1.png
    wc1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 145

Davidp3000

Surface has now taken far too long, but I'm calling it done.
The next one will be better...
Waiting for Matt varnish to dry - 24 hours per coat...

The first pic is of the glossy finish - Rover Anthracite Grey, the second is a photoshop of Kirk with the 'Wah Chang Mk4'

Jim
I really like this, i have only three design elements i think would be an improvement, but who am i. You’ve done an impressive job there sir! Extremely Well done