Star Trek TOS Pilot Uniform Fabrics and Such

About Kerezman - I ordered some Season 1/2 style Enterprise/starship insignias. After about a week since my order I asked when they were supposed to come in, and he told me they probably got lost in the mail, and said he would send some new ones. Now another week has passed and they just arrived. :)
Same old Joe! :rolleyes:

Glad you got your stuff!!(y)

AnthonyD2199 Sure. The two pictures are of my Kerezman patch laid over CR Craft's "Trek Teal" velour. The first picture is without the flash on, and the second picture is with the flash on. The third picture is of Leonard Nimoy's costume as seen on The Carol Burnett Show, without TOS' filmstock or lighting conditions. As you can, my flash-picture of "Trek Teal" velour doesn't look too far off from the real deal. It may not be very screen-accurate, but it does seem pretty set-accurate.

Apollo Thanks! :)

Oh! Here's some more Pilot stuff we can talk about -

- Pike's Cap
- Space Officer's Jacket

That first link, "Pike's Cap", is linked to a thread discussing the cap and showcasing a recreated prop for Cawley's Phase II/New Voyages stuff. The second link is just to the image below - the unnamed "Uniformed Space Officer's" jacket from The Cage.

According to the script for The Cage, this guy is just a generic "Uniformed Space Officer" not serving onboard the Enterprise. Maybe he's an admiral, or in dress uniform? However, I bet it's just some casual jacket.

Uniformed Space Officer.jpg

`

Attachments

• The Cage Cap.jpg
    The Cage Cap.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 86
  • The Cage Cap 2.jpg
    The Cage Cap 2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 95
AnthonyD2199 Sure. The two pictures are of my Kerezman patch laid over CR Craft's "Trek Teal" velour. The first picture is without the flash on, and the second picture is with the flash on. The third picture is of Leonard Nimoy's costume as seen on The Carol Burnett Show, without TOS' filmstock or lighting conditions. As you can, my flash-picture of "Trek Teal" velour doesn't look too far off from the real deal. It may not be very screen-accurate, but it does seem pretty set-accurate.

Apollo Thanks! :)

Oh! Here's some more Pilot stuff we can talk about -

- Pike's Cap
- Space Officer's Jacket

That first link, "Pike's Cap", is linked to a thread discussing the cap and showcasing a recreated prop for Cawley's Phase II/New Voyages stuff. The second link is just to the image below - the unnamed "Uniformed Space Officer's" jacket from The Cage.

According to the script for The Cage, this guy is just a generic "Uniformed Space Officer" not serving onboard the Enterprise. Maybe he's an admiral, or in dress uniform? However, I bet it's just some casual jacket.

View attachment 1596864

`
I’ve always preferred set accurate to screen accurate, I want to look like I walked off the set rather than the screen

Just wanted to open the conversation to the Uniform Boots that were used in Both Pilots, these boots are similar to the Series boots in that they are Black Leather, have a pointed toe and a slight heel but where the Pilot Boots differ is that they are not fitted to the wearer rather the Boot leg is adjusted to the wearer's leg via a strap and buckle near the top, the heel is less high than the Series Boot, the Boot itself is also shorter than its Series counterpart, coming up to about the calf. In the second Pilot a second type of Boot is worn only by Gary Mitchell (and possibly Dr Piper), this one is mostly the same except it appears to use a side zipper.

Does anyone have any more information on these boots?, I have a feeling that they may have been pre existing but I'm not certain.

1657728899604.png

1657728919640.png

1657728946470.png

1657728966127.png
1657728992417.png

1657729025364.png

They were existing boots iirc Sears.

There is a wealth of info out there on different boards that cover a lot of the questions you are asking!

I would point you in their direction but I have forgotten their addys

They were existing boots iirc Sears.

There is a wealth of info out there on different boards that cover a lot of the questions you are asking!

I would point you in their direction but I have forgotten their addys
That’s good to know, if there’s any information you can find I’d appreciate it.
I've looked at Sears boots online and I've seen boots that are very similar but not identical, I can't find any that have the Heel, the Pointed Toe AND the Buckle.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the collars, they are presumably some kind of Rib Knit material but I don’t know what variation it is, it’s possible the collars made for WNMHGB used a different type or a different sewing method since they don’t curve inward like the ones made for ‘The Cage’.

If anyone has any ideas that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 24BE6147-04CD-4543-9F4F-5ED23A1BA070.jpeg
    24BE6147-04CD-4543-9F4F-5ED23A1BA070.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 89FF9ED0-AB0D-4FFE-8651-2228683B5B0A.jpeg
    89FF9ED0-AB0D-4FFE-8651-2228683B5B0A.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 51A24C05-20AA-4151-ACEE-A067A16CA865.jpeg
    51A24C05-20AA-4151-ACEE-A067A16CA865.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 81
  • 4B5E7C89-C502-4377-BCA6-1B86E7F764E6.jpeg
    4B5E7C89-C502-4377-BCA6-1B86E7F764E6.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 90985670-00AF-47D0-B075-81B4F1D19BFE.jpeg
    90985670-00AF-47D0-B075-81B4F1D19BFE.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 87
  • CC75A2FF-4B6B-4F14-9968-45CD93360736.jpeg
    CC75A2FF-4B6B-4F14-9968-45CD93360736.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 86
That’s good to know, if there’s any information you can find I’d appreciate it.
I've looked at Sears boots online and I've seen boots that are very similar but not identical, I can't find any that have the Heel, the Pointed Toe AND the Buckle.
You would need a time machine to get the same boots from Sears :D

I don’t know when, but they stopped carrying those years ago

Some new things I noticed when I was watching ‘The Man Trap’:

Crewman Green’s uniform has the cuff fold that was normally only on the Pilot Uniforms, it seems that this uniform is indeed an altered Pilot Uniform as previously asserted, what threw me off before is that Green actually wears TWO different Tunics in his scenes, in some he wears a regular Series Tunic but in others he wears a converted Pilot Tunic.
9E2B13D4-1DDB-46E8-86A2-91F038667ABF.jpeg

Secondly when Green and Rand enter the Turbolift an extra in a Blue Shirt is in the background, at first I thought he was wearing a Pilot Uniform but on close inspection it has a Black Collar, judging by the colour and the way the collar and shoulders sit it’s likely another converted Pilot Uniform, another extra wears a Gold converted Pilot Tunic when Uhura leaves the Turbolift.

D0FB4833-B9AE-46F2-BADA-C39BF225E89D.jpeg
1658100971517.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
1658164798497.png
1658164814777.png

Into the ring I've added Internet Blue, It's basically Classic Blue with that hint of Purple I've been looking for.

It’s strange, on my Laptop the colours look perfect but on my Phone the shades look too dark.

Last edited:
Interesting. Just eyeballing it on my phone, I was feeling Blue Morning myself.
My point exactly, on my laptop it looks too purple but on my phone it looks more blue. And now you say it, Blue Morning does look good and Moss Blue looks best on my Phone, I'm also trying to factor in that it's likely the real Tunics were darker than how they're presented on screen due to Lighting etc. Like how the shade of the Series Science Tunic can vary wildly depending on Lighting and the Camera.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back