Star Trek TOS Pilot Uniform Fabrics and Such

Thanks for the pics! I think I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you had a Trek Teal uniform. Still! It's great to have the Anovos one for reference!

So for Pilot uniforms, the Command gold is the same across the pilots and the rest of TOS S1 and S2. The blue shirts edges a bit more toward purple than the teal-blue of TOS S1 and S2 Science uniforms. And then the Operations color is pretty much it's own thing, pretty incomparable to the more familiar red.

Anything else we should cover?

Also, does anyone know how to contact the people from Anovos, or does anyone know anyone who might be in the know? The Pilot uniforms had a 4th "C" shaped insignia that Anovos referred to as the "Cadet" insignia, but I'm curious about their reasoning/source behind that.

Compared to their sizing for the 3rd Season Tunics they were way off.

Now with that in mind the TOS Tunics MUST be custom fitted to the wearer, but that Velour they came out with was horrible, a lot of people were disapointed with it.
Well I wasn't, maybe once I've made one for myself I'll feel different.

Thanks for the pics! I think I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you had a Trek Teal uniform. Still! It's great to have the Anovos one for reference!

So for Pilot uniforms, the Command gold is the same across the pilots and the rest of TOS S1 and S2. The blue shirts edges a bit more toward purple than the teal-blue of TOS S1 and S2 Science uniforms. And then the Operations color is pretty much it's own thing, pretty incomparable to the more familiar red.

Anything else we should cover?

Also, does anyone know how to contact the people from Anovos, or does anyone know anyone who might be in the know? The Pilot uniforms had a 4th "C" shaped insignia that Anovos referred to as the "Cadet" insignia, but I'm curious about their reasoning/source behind that.
I intend to get the 'Trek Teal' through one of Kerezman's 'Do it Yourself' Uniform Kits, I think I'm gonna commission him to make a Season 3 Double Knit Tunic for me.

The Operations colour is a Beige shade, there are several on CR Crafts, I'd leave it to the persons discretion as to which one is the most accurate, one thing I was curious about is the type of rib knit used for the collars and what colours it should be dyed to to match and also if the Velour can be dyed because I've heard it can and it can't so I'm not certain.

Anovos went bust a year or two ago I assume partially due to a lawsuit about the many Star Wars Costumes they failed to deliver, some people were waiting years after their purchase, but some of the people who worked on it have formed a new company called 'Denuo Novo' which has garnerd a much better reputation when it comes to honouring orders and are even honouring orders for Anovos Customers, unfortunately currently they only have a Star Wars Licence and my inquiry as to if or when they'd gain a Star Trek Licence has gone unanswered, you may have better look than I have though.

As far as I know the only way to get Anovos Star Trek stuff is if it turns up second hand on EBay, including the 'The Cage' Patches which havent turned up yet, there is a company that sells replicas that are close. I heard some talk that the C may have meant a security division.

Good luck with Joe as he is still scamming people, I hope you are not another one of his victims.

AnthonyD2199 Yeah, I heard about all that with Anovos. Really unfortunate stuff. I wasn't expecting to get a tunic from'em or anything like that though. Was just wondering if any of their former members were active anywhere. I was just wanting to reach out and ask about that "C" thing, as I've also heard it may be for security.

Apollo I hope things have changed too. He seems sincere from my conversations with him, and I wasn't really planning on commissioning anything. I recently made a small purchase from him which I'm still waiting on in the mail, though it seems to be running late. Could just be the postal service. I'll update y'all later on.

I have had luck getting my materials together, then getting Stephanie (murraymousie) from EBAY to build my Tunic for me. The springweave collar, Captain's braids and delta shield were acquired from Scott Nakada.The Trousers from another EBAY merchant, which are pretty accurate The fabric is a tad lighter than set used, but it is a fabulous rendition, and even has the accurate saddle cut in the seat.The boots are custom Durans.

Having said all that, my next goal is to get a completely accurate Captain Pike Tunic(Jeff Hunter).
I second the recommendation to get the First/second season tunics fitted. Even after I gave precise measurements, I had my Tailor customize it even more. NOW, for ME I am very critical of how it fits, You have to be in shape to wear those Early tunics which is why you see much more of those Monster Maroons (Star Trek 2) tunics around. Again, that's the standard I hold for myself, your milage may vary!

Last edited:
MARK M3 Oh that's rad! I just got my patterns from Scott Nakada, and I ordered some deltas from Kerezman. And those pants sound great! May I ask who was the seller?

I also met someone on Facebook who recommended I order my uniforms from someone called "moviememo" on eBay. I took a look at their shop and I gotta say, the pictures look great.

I really was just planning to crank up the ol' sewing machine and put my stuff together myself, but it doesn't seem like many people actually do that with the TOS uniforms. I see a lot of recommendations for people to have someone else like murraymouse or Kerezman to put them together. Are they really that difficult to make?

Here is the link for the pants...

As far as how difficult they are to make, if your an expert tailor and know the little nuances then no, it probably isn't all that difficult. However, If you want something to last and be of quality, get Murraymousie from Ebay to make it for you.

Here is a couple of pics of me(one is my avitar), with my uniform. Scott Nakada provides excellent first season delta shields that are accurate.

Judge for yourself!

Last edited:
MARK M3 Oh I've actually seen those pants! Those are by Cosermart - they're pretty solid from what I can tell, but I've never seen them outside of their sale picture. Seems they do the job and do it well!

Did you use the CR Crafts velour for the shirt?

I though Scott Nakada stopped doing all his Star Trek stuff?

For the Pilot Blue I'm thinking of dyeing velour but I've heard that velour can't be dyed but Google says it can.

If you're interested in Pants fabric, there's a shop online ran by the guy who I believe Anovos outsourced some of their Star Trek Uniform Productions to, he made the Monster Maroons for them and does them on commission himself now, recently he offers sparkly pant fabric which I believe is what was used for Anovos TOS pants.

He did, yeah. Though I reached out to him and he sold me some leftover patterns he had. He may be willing to help myself or others if they reach out, but he doesn't do all that stuff as his main gig anymore.

And sure, I'd be interested in those pants! Or at least saving the link for now. What's the shop?

Anyone know if the Pilot patches done by Katarra are any good? I was really happy with some purchases but some weren't quite for me.

Also, anyone know anything about those orange bug-eye goggles used in the Cage? I quite like those.

He did, yeah. Though I reached out to him and he sold me some leftover patterns he had. He may be willing to help myself or others if they reach out, but he doesn't do all that stuff as his main gig anymore.

And sure, I'd be interested in those pants! Or at least saving the link for now. What's the shop?

Anyone know if the Pilot patches done by Katarra are any good? I was really happy with some purchases but some weren't quite for me.

Also, anyone know anything about those orange bug-eye goggles used in the Cage? I quite like those.
That’s good, is it only patterns he has or do you think he might have any patches left?

He only does the fabric for the pants, I’ll send you the link.

Katarra’s Pilot patches are good for the general shape but lack the texturing of the real ones.

I’m afraid I don’t know about the goggles, I think I read that they were modified pre existing goggles but I’m not certain.

I'm not sure about what he has in stock or what he'd be interested in selling, if anything. I'd probably reach out and ask him if I were you!

Thanks for the link to the pants-fabric too. That's very helpful! I'm going to repost it here for anyone interested. It's being sold by Starbase375Logistics on Etsy.

I guess the Katarra patches will be good then, especially if they're really the only ones! I think ShadowDale sells some too?

I've also heard that about the goggles. I'm not sure what they were either. I'd also be curious if anybody has recreated them, especially with 3D printing as an option now. I'm sure they couldn't be too hard to model, though I must admit I don't know how to use modeling software.

I'm not sure about what he has in stock or what he'd be interested in selling, if anything. I'd probably reach out and ask him if I were you!

Thanks for the link to the pants-fabric too. That's very helpful! I'm going to repost it here for anyone interested. It's being sold by Starbase375Logistics on Etsy.

I guess the Katarra patches will be good then, especially if they're really the only ones! I think ShadowDale sells some too?

I've also heard that about the goggles. I'm not sure what they were either. I'd also be curious if anybody has recreated them, especially with 3D printing as an option now. I'm sure they couldn't be too hard to model, though I must admit I don't know how to use modeling software.
These are the closest I’ve seen after the Anovos Patches.

Thanks, things are a bit better now, here are the pics of my Anovos Velour Tunic, it’s made in the Early to Mid 1st Season Style so features a Rib Knit Collar and the Reverse Rank Braid both of which were phased out by the end of the 1st Season.

The tunic is a blue-er and has a nice sparkle to it in person but comes across as more grey in the photos despite all my attempts to change the lighting.

View attachment 1593482View attachment 1593483View attachment 1593484View attachment 1593485
If I may speculate towards the Blue colour dispute, the Anovos Velour Tunics are said to have been made using reference taken from Surviving Screen Used Tunics, the Science Tunic as it looks now isn’t the same as how it looked when it was newly made in 1966, the colour as it is now is after 50 odd years of being washed, bandied about different collections, kept in varying conditions, resulting in a much less rich shade of blue. So in effect the Anovos Tunic is more accurate to how the Tunics look now than how they looked in 1966 when they were a slightly deeper shade of blue.

I have had luck getting my materials together, then getting Stephanie (murraymousie) from EBAY to build my Tunic for me. The springweave collar, Captain's braids and delta shield were acquired from Scott Nakada.The Trousers from another EBAY merchant, which are pretty accurate The fabric is a tad lighter than set used, but it is a fabulous rendition, and even has the accurate saddle cut in the seat.The boots are custom Durans.

Having said all that, my next goal is to get a completely accurate Captain Pike Tunic(Jeff Hunter).
I second the recommendation to get the First/second season tunics fitted. Even after I gave precise measurements, I had my Tailor customize it even more. NOW, for ME I am very critical of how it fits, You have to be in shape to wear those Early tunics which is why you see much more of those Monster Maroons (Star Trek 2) tunics around. Again, that's the standard I hold for myself, your milage may vary!
About Durans, are they still doing Star Trek Boots and do you know if they ship international?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back