Star Trek TOS Photoshoot at Valley of Fire State Park

Fantastic photos, Kristen!!! Art did an amazing job!
That really is a remarkable place for a photoshoot...one day I'd love to visit there.

-Chris

:lol Thanks Havok

Chris- I highly recommend it. The most beautiful place I've been.

Tiberius Kirk- we just might have to! I am totally getting into this. I have always been a TNG fan as well of fan of the films, but I am giving into the dark side and embracing the TOS too :lol. Went to the Trek convention in August and wore this and really got to geek out and had a blast. I sincerely have been loving this look and it is super fun to wear!

GREEN phaser beam? Must I do everything myself?

Fixed2.jpg

I WILL NOT BE ONE-UPPED, FEEK!!! ;-)

LOL, well I was going for the third season look!!! :)

Thanks Kureigu.

nickytea and feek61, you guys are cracking me up.

BTW, I just got scolded by Mic Davis on the phone for not having the correct phaser but kudos for the right hairstyle :D I promise, when I do another Trek shoot I will write some of you to get me the right props for the shoot!

So now you can change your name to Star Trek Chick, formerly Star Wars Chick, right?

And by the way, that's a cruel trick you played; removing your wedding ring for the photo shoot - giving guys hope like that...

:D

It would be fun to temporarily do that but I imagine I would get hate mail from people thinking I turned sides :lol

:lol :lol! The funny thing is one of the girls at work noticed that immediately and gave me kudos for doing so because it has been mentioned in some of my other pictures (like Colonial Marine) that it is very distracting. I must admit, it does tend to stand out so I decided to take it off. I hated doing so because Art and I got married at the Valley of Fire. But I must sacrifice for my art :lol

That was your first mistake! :lol

(Not really. It's a third season dress, but I'm pretending. VELOUR FTW.)

Actually, that's NOT a third season dress at all. That particular prototype is based on a dress that was thought at the time to be a third season dress, when in fact it was a dress from the unproduced 1976 STAR TREK: PHASE II. While it may look very similar to a third season TOS dress no dress exactly like that ever appeared in the Original Series.

On the other hand, it is a great dress and even better photo shoot! ;)

But a third season TOS dress? Not at all.

John

Oh, I know that dress, I know Joe, and I know the behind the scenes story of that particular prototype. It's been discussed quite thoroughly on the boards dedicated to nothing but STAR TREK COSTUMES. That dress is a modern reproduction by ANOVOS of a 1976 STAR TREK: PHASE II SCIENCES DRESS (the engineering dress on their site is also the same 1976 pattern). No question about it. That precise pattern never actually appeared in any episode of STAR TREK ever aired. Now we hope that between prototype and production Joe and Dana altered the pattern to an actual 3rd season dress, but at this point we don't know. Advertising the dress used in your shoot and in all of the photographs on the ANOVOS web site as an authentic 3rd season dress is an inaccuracy that for $375 we hope they would get right.

Sorry for my offensive inaccuracies.
I was only going off, you know, things I thought existed.
IE: Seasons 1 & 2 = SHINY
Season 3 = NOT SHINY

(My disdain for Season 3 knows no bounds, hence ignorance.)

Oh, I know what you mean. 1st and 2nd season velour is the best. But I was only pointing out that the dress is a bit of an anachronism in that it's not actually a TOS dress at all.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back