Star Trek TOS Phaser schematics

MontagueFlange

Hello there. I'm trying to find the correct dimensions for the parts in the Mk2 TOS phaser. I've built one in CAD and printed it but I'm not 100% happy with a few things. I have one 'diagram' giving some dimensions but they are not specific enough. Does anyone have or know for specific sizes please ?

Thank you all .

Hello there. I'm trying to find the correct dimensions for the parts in the Mk2 TOS phaser. I've built one in CAD and printed it but I'm not 100% happy with a few things. I have one 'diagram' giving some dimensions but they are not specific enough. Does anyone have or know for specific sizes please ?

Thank you all .

Found these...
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/weapons-and-field-equipment-1/weapons-1-2.jpg

www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/frs/frs-2-sheet-9.jpg

This guy knows ALL about the Phaser if you want to contact him.
http://www.saucersoverhollywood.com/STP.html

:)Spockboy

I have that top link pic. The second link doesn't work :( . Might try contacting the web page, although I have found ppl who 'make' them for selling very rearly give information away :(

heres what I have made so far. remember this was a test print so I could get an idea.

withstand01.jpg

Might be easier to figure out what you haven't seen yet among the available web reference. What have you seen so far?

Do you have access to a Wand Co. phaser? At $150, you might consider just buying one instead of reinventing the wheel. Thinkgeek has free shipping for orders over $75 right now, and now and then there are coupons.

BTW, TOS prop enthusiasts don't call it a "Mk" anything. It's either a phaser 1 or a phaser 2, or p1 or p2 for short. The "Mk" designation was never used on the show. I've always found it annoying, but that's just me. YMMV. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the Wand Co. Phaser which laser measured the last remaining Hero Phaser and is very acurate size wise to the Hero.
That should help you out in making your own.
Also check out the thread that Asalaw started on his build. it is excellent.

Some great pics of the hero phaser here

ASA's build thread here

My little build is linked in my signature.

Thread on the Wand phaser is here, ASA and I had some back and forth a few weeks ago and lots of hero screen shots were posted.

Lots of other threads here and there. But having the Wand phaser in hand will be the best reference, check out the hero pics to see the differences. Nice first test print, I look forward to seeing your next one.

YMMV means "Your mileage may vary," or "my preceding statement is highly subjective." :)

I agree, building your own is lots more fun. That replica is the best, and only has (IMO) trivial inaccuracies.

I'd dearly love to put out a CAD blueprint, but it'll be a while before I could take the time, and I'd be very surprised if someone doesn't beat me to it. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back