Star Trek (TOS) phaser paint...+ free gift.

Are you in the US?

If so there are some fairly easy sources for the paint.

Between your hobby shop and Wal*Mart you should be able to find all three colors on the shelf.

Of course, if you're outside the US I don't think any of my advice is going to help at all...

WinstonWolf359
I'm in Jersey. The only "hobby store" that I've got, is Michaels...but, I do have a Wal-Mart nearby.

Thanks for any help, that you can give.

Cool, we've got something to work with.
icon_smile.gif

Michael's has a paint called American Accents Designer Metallic "Aged Bronze." It comes in a box but it is a single can, not one of those two-part paint sets.

Or Wal*Mart usually has the Rust-Oleum "Metallic Bronze."

Either one is the paint for the handle...they are the exact same paint, so if you can find both buy the cheaper one.

Rust-Oleum also makes a Dark Gray automotive primer that is a very close match to the Zynolite Dark Gray for the Hand Phaser. Wal*Mart should have this or can get it.

If you can find a hobby shop or model shop that carries Testors Model Master paint you're home free.

Testors Model Master "Panzer Gray" is a match for the usual Krylon Shadow Gray most use for the Phaser Pistol body. I've seen some variation in shade so I'd buy a couple cans if you can find it.

I don't know if you can buy it direct from Testors but they would probably have more info or a store locator on their website.

Also, while you're in Wal*Mart look at the house paint samples. While I doubt you'll want to use house paints on your phaser the color swatches can be helpful to see if an alternate paint is the right shade.

#96404 "India Ink" is an almost exact match for the Hand Phaser paint.

#96434 "Troubled Sky" is an exact match for the Shadow Gray Pistol body paint.

Hope this helps!
icon_smile.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
jlong wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Just checked-out your sight...Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

I Love the TOS Phaser. Incredible.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>
Thanks, but, it's not my site
icon_frown.gif
I just stumbled upon it.

WOAH! The paper models on that site just ROCK! (Sorry to be derailing your paint thread here..) The Cobra-Head Phaser looks nice and easy to build, I think I'll give that one a try. Anyone interested in building me a TOS P1-P2 set?
icon_smile.gif

Jay

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back