Star Trek TOS Phaser and Communicator

Whats your Budget? Are you looking for finished products, kit or parts? What are you using it for? Cosplay, sit on a shelf, go pweeeee & light up, bust ballons with a laser...? Parameters would be helpful.

Here's what I'm currently using:

Phaser 1

Phaser 2

Communicator

These look pretty good to me. I researched these quite a bit, and there's also links in the descriptions of some of these to where you can get more accurate photos.

I have the Wand Company comm and it's beautiful. Some will say not perfectly accurate. I also own a John Long comm kit that I plan to build as a working hero with stopwatch some day. I believe it to be very accurate. But I'm an enthusiast, not an expert.

Looking for a Star Trek original series type 2 phaser and a communicator. Most accurate options?
As JW already stated it depends on your budget etc. If you're looking for accuracy then I would try and land a wand communicator for functionality and maybe a John long kit for static (I don't know if he has any left but the saucers over Hollywood site still says available now). In terms of the phaser there are kits out there or you could upgrade an art asylum/diamond select, try and get your hands on a wand phaser or get a second mortgage for a master replicas.

That's an out of date page on John Long's site. The phaser and comm kits are long gone... Only available via the secondary market.

I would say your best bet would be The Wand Companies Phaser and Communicator, they are based on cleaned up scans of the original props, except for the fact they are going for some crazy prices now, not as bad as MR, but still getting up there. You can also expect them to get even more expensive when their Tricorder comes out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back