Star Trek TOS inspired small equipment case

ecl

Sr Member
Here's a simple project I just finished up. I wanted an equipment case to hold my two communicator replicas and picked up a dollar store plastic box which I repainted. There are a whole lot of TNG cases but i'm not aware of any tos cases so it was fun to make one up.

I saw the colors Mr. Nagata used on his phaser rifle build thread and decided to go with the same blue as it has a really unique look (and it was also one of the few tos looking colors I could find at pep boys). The foam was cut from an unused camera case. The labels were printed out on label paper and then matte laminated.

Attachments

• tos1.jpg
    tos1.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 281
  • tos2.jpg
    tos2.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 163
  • tos3.jpg
    tos3.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 168
  • tos4.jpg
    tos4.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 152
  • tosbox1.jpg
    tosbox1.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 124
  • tosbox2.jpg
    tosbox2.jpg
    875.9 KB · Views: 123
  • tosbox3.jpg
    tosbox3.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Wow, that's nice! I can see Scotty carrying one of these around when he needs to make some planetside repairs.

Funny how the most basic of things turn out to be the coolest... well done, sir!!! :thumbsup

Thanks for all the comments! It is fun working on a more simple project from practically nothing. I find the TOS props with their retro appeal are super fun to build.

Here's an updated picture with my new dstines hero communicator with jlong p1 phaser!

Attachments

• awaykit.jpg
    awaykit.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • tosbox1.jpg
    tosbox1.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 129
  • toscasedual1.jpg
    toscasedual1.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 111
  • toscasedual8.jpg
    toscasedual8.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back