Star Trek TOS Gary Seven ID Cards

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm working on the graphics for Gary Seven's fake CIA, NSA, and NYPD identification cards from 'Assignment Earth'. I'll probably finish these over the weekend whenever I can find time to work on them. I'm going to attempt to match up all the fonts, which should be easy since these are yet another example of 'Earl Hays Press' props for which I already have a lot of reference material. There are probably some tiny details that aren't 100% exact (such as the vector NYC seal which I had a lot of problems working with), but it's close enough for me with the correct fonts and overall proportions.

As always, these are for your personal use only and are not to be sold for ANY reason. Don't do it. I will find you. :D

Here's the NYPD card, without signature. I'll probably add that later, but I'll have to recreate it by hand and add a scan of it.

EDIT: I included the other 2 finished IDs here for those who don't want to read through the thread.

I'm only sure of the scaling on the NSA. The others might have to be reduced in size to be accurate.

Gary Seven NYPD-1.pngGary Seven CIA.pngGary Seven NSA.png

Last edited:
Here's the most time-consuming part of the entire project for me: redrawing the building from the NSA card.

The screencap details of this element are too weak even in HD to do an image trace in Illustrator, so I printed out a copy of the straightened image from the best screencap I could get, and then used a ruler and pencil to trace it on paper. Then I scanned the tracing, cleaned up the image in Photoshop, and redrew the lines of the building over the image in Illustrator.

G7 NSA B-1.jpgG7 NSA B-2.jpgG7 NSA B-3.jpg

Hi DB.

For your help

I have an original id NSA version made for the Mission Impossible 1966 series, the definition of the building is of origin very badly printed, the card measures 10.4cm on 12.7cm without the portefolio.

Best

Caplan

Last edited:
Hi DB.

For your help

I have an original id NSA version made for the Mission Impossible 1966 series, the definition of the building is of origin very badly printed, the card measures 10.4cm on 12.7cm without the portefolio.

Best

Thanks for the info!

I have updated my NYPD ID in the first post with a revised version that corrected a few details.

Last edited:
the id is also seen in some episodes of Magnum P.I, including the pilot, but under the name NIA (Navy Intelligence Agency).

the id is also seen in some episodes of Magnum P.I, including the pilot, but under the name NIA (Navy Intelligence Agency).

Do you know which episode of Mission: Impossible it was used for? I have the DVDs and could use the screencaps as a reference

Last edited:
<a href='https://www.casimages.com/i/180930063839694993.jpg.html' title='Mon image'>Lien vers mon image</a>

Here for reference, but SIA version !

Here is the NSA card. The top half was reconstructed on top of a screencap that was skewed and cropped to fit the correct dimensions, and the lower half was made by measuring the width/length of the border in the screencap and finding the approximate location of the edges of the various design elements.
Gary Seven NSA.png

Last edited:
OK, I would never have thought to look in this section. I've been searching and searching the Project Runs. Anyway, you said no names on the list yet.
I'll start it off then. Down for 1.

OK, I would never have thought to look in this section. I've been searching and searching the Project Runs. Anyway, you said no names on the list yet.
I'll start it off then. Down for 1.

I have an idea about a possible run but I don't know any details for sure yet.

Here is the last of the 3 Gary Seven cards: the CIA ID. EDIT: Updated with some better detail refinement

Gary Seven CIA.png

Last edited:
I believe the NYPD card should be exactly the size of a standard business card.

I just printed a set of the 3 cards from my files. The NSA card is exactly the right size. I also scaled the CIA card to the same width as the NSA card and it appears to be a match as well. I guessed the NYPD size and it's a perfect size match for one of my Dixon Hill business cards that I had available for reference.

Here they are printed out. The size looks just about right to me. Please ignore my sad attempt to fill in the signatures. It was the best I could do.

G7 Finished Cards.jpg

Last edited:
Look perfect :thumbsup DB, for info the thickness of the paper (at least that of my M.I.) is 80g, thicker give a result not too good in the folding once stuck on the portfolio.

I don't have the proper materials or skills to recreate the cases, so I gave the files to Indy Magnoli, who has a lot of experience with this sort of prop.

If anyone is interested in a set, they are available on his site MagnoliProps.com in the 'New Arrivals' section.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back