Interest Star Trek TOS Dr M'Benga Medical or Daystrom Science Scanner

The tubes are cleaned up and ready to be milled. I've already started milling some of the smaller lines:

IMG_3561.JPG

If everything goes well, I should have these done by the end of the week. At that point, I'll start assembling them and shipping out kits. :)

I will be shipping out another wave of scanners tomorrow and
will also be finishing up the initial run of 10 units.

I have contacted most everyone on the waiting list at this point. I will take a break next week in order to give everyone an opportunity to respond to my pm's. If you haven't responded by the end of next week, I will assume that you are no longer interested and I will be moving on to the second waiting list.

I received mine today and I'm thrilled with it. I do have 2 questions though.

What size battery do you use? I used a 2032 and it seems to work okay.
What is the switch on the right for? It doesn't appear to do anything when I use it.

Thanks

I forgot to mention that because of shipping restrictions, I'm not able to ship these with a battery already pre-installed.
To install a battery, you'll need to pry off the bottom cap with a fingernail and then pull out the battery holder. The holder can be pulled out just enough to install the battery. Be gentle with it to avoid disconnecting the wires from the switch.

The battery holder uses a standard 3v, button, cell battery. It's about 3/4" in diameter and 1/8" thick.
I'm using model CR2032. These can be found at any Dollar store, two for a dollar. Any retail store that sells batteries should have them.

To install, make sure that the battery is flat side up (positive). Just push the battery holder back into the cylinder and push the cap back on. The switch on the left controls the light. Just push it forward to turn on the scanner. The switch on the right isn't connected to anything, so that one can be ignored. That switch was originally intended to control the motor, which isn't needed.

The last scanner will be shipping out today.

I have started a "Second" waiting list for those who are left. If you're new to this thread and want to get on the waiting list, just post a reply with either "Built" or "Kit" and I will get you on it. I will be finalizing the list by the end of next week, so be sure and post something by then if you're interested in a scanner.

I will start working on caps this weekend. It will take a couple of weeks to complete them and then I will start on the tubes. Those will take anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks depending on how many we get on the list.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back