Star Trek TOS divider screen for my Enterprise Desk

PhuketAussie

I'm finalising the design of my Enterprise Desk (posted separately) and the one thing missing from the design is this divider screen (shown on the left of the picture below). It looks to me like it could be made using PVC pipe approximately 1" in diamater, and cut close to 1/2" deep, and many of them glued into a grill/screen. Am I on the right track? Does anyone know the exact dimensions and type of material used?

P251_5_Obsession.JPG

Here's the almost complete concept drawings of my desk:

Enterprise Desk v3 #1.png

Enterprise Desk v3 #3.png

Foe Hammer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The set tour in Ticonderoga uses PVC rings, glued together and painted, to replicate the original dividers. They are 1" so I would say you are exactly on the right track.

PhuketAussie

The set tour in Ticonderoga uses PVC rings, glued together and painted, to replicate the original dividers. They are 1" so I would say you are exactly on the right track.
Thank you so much. Do you have any idea how deeply the rings were cut? I'm guessing half and inch but that might be a bit big.

Foe Hammer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would say they are at least 1/2" thick if not 3/4". They are definitely substantial. Unless you're going for an exact replica I would go with whatever looks best for your setup.

PhuketAussie

I would say they are at least 1/2" thick if not 3/4". They are definitely substantial. Unless you're going for an exact replica I would go with whatever looks best for your setup.
okay, thank, I'll probably go for half an inch for ease of painting and depth. I'm not going for exactness, but I do want it to look convincing. thanks again :)

Lost in Trek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have no doubt the original was a found item. But as no one has been able to locate thefolks up in Ti had to recreate as bext they could. They did a fantastic job as it looks pretty much spot on to the original.

MisterKarl

Just a few minutes ago, I thought of doing my bedroom as Captain Kirk's quarters. Your desk design is a great update. Any chance you can provide links to other postings about your efforts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.