Star trek TOS AA/DST phaser mod

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Krupp, May 21, 2012.

1. Krupp

Krupp New Member

Hello,
    Wow really like all the post/forum info.I espeacially like the ST tos phaser builds.I fancy having a go/attempt of modding a AA/DST phaser. All I was going to do was a basic mod was change the red LED for a blue LED and have few metal parts and do a repaint etc.( have white handle on P2)

A feature I would like to have on my phaser mod would be to have different colours from the P2 emitter But then how would you select /change the colours,by using the rear controller knob you could change the colors of the beam.But there is very little room to have 2 or 3 LED in there,I got thinking get one of the LED's that is multi colour one.But then how would you select /change the colours and using the rear controller knob :confusedI think you would have to lose overload feature,Not bothered about losing the overload feature.
    I how be gratful if anyone could tell how to do this I have I an sure someone out there has already do a mod like this.I know nothing about electronics.Its this a easy mod to do.
    Cheers.............

2. robn1

robn1 Master Member

You could use the side knob to change colors. The DST knob just turns the light on and off, and who needs that? Install a switch with multiple positions, and wire each LED lead to a different position.

3. JTK

JTK New Member

Robn,
    My thoughts exactly, however, I'm having trouble locating a switch that is small enough. I've got RGB LEDs. I was looking for a three position rotary switch (no joy). I'm also looking into a three position linear switch (similar to what is already in the AA phaser). If you or anybody else can point me in the right direction, with regard to these switches, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bill

4. robn1

robn1 Master Member

5. JTK

JTK New Member