Star Trek TNG Cricket Phaser replica

Received mine the other day. The box definitely had that issue and I've already emailed them to get a replacement. Also the phaser didn't function out of the box after I removed the tab from the batteries. So, I'm going to get some fresh batteries and hope for the best. Otherwise back to FE it goes for a full refund.

Happy to report my cricket phaser wasn't defective. Looks like FE's printed instructions were. The way they said to insert the batteries is wrong. You need to install them the opposite way. Once I did that everything on it functions perfectly and its a really neat little replica! I'd definitely get more if they made other props from TNG.

I like the "The Game" mode when Wesley had it on autofire and also that the higher settings have a constant firing sound when you hold down the button.
Sadly the price on these in the UK is pushing £400, compared to the equivalent £249 ($299) in the US, at almost double the price I'm not going to be getting one anytime soon.

I like the "The Game" mode when Wesley had it on autofire and also that the higher settings have a constant firing sound when you hold down the button.
Sadly the price on these in the UK is pushing £400, compared to the equivalent £249 ($299) in the US, at almost double the price I'm not going to be getting one anytime soon.
Unfortunate you don't have some one over here to order for you. Not sure what shipping would be on something like that !

Got it today.
The showcase boxes are damaged. The protective sticker was put on while the paint was still wet so that's that, they are damaged. They know this and will be sending replacements later. I had a scratch on the plastic cover on the phaser battery/trigger area I had to polish out. For this kind of money I should not have had to do that. I happend to have some Novus polish just for this kind of thing. I swear QA before shipment is becoming a skipped step everywhere. Frustrating. Other than that it's fine prop that is heavy in hand and the features function as expected. I'd llike if the red emitter LED had been brighter though. The green LEDs are rather blinding when not in a bright room. Seems they got the intensity backwards on those two.

At 3:45 you can indeed see the plastic protective cover has also ruined that box. I ordered both variants but I fully expect when I return from work both will be in the same condition Box wise. The phaser looks great although. Still awaiting the Borg queen cortex as well but that arrives next week

Received the replacement display case today in perfect condition. Glad FE made good on that!

I received two replacement cases today. One was good and the other had some scratches in the display acrylic and some blue over spray on it in a couple of corners and a small paint glob on the tirm. I am going to call get that one replaced. It's obvious what was happening as the boxes sent were the edition boxes one of whatever. The other side of the boxes were now stamped "replacement display boxes" Conclusion.... they were shipped back to the manufacturer for a reshoot. Dried and then placed in a plastic bag without the protective film this go around without a inner art box and four foam corners added for protection in the outer brown boxes. As stated one looks pretty good... However, one I will ask in the morning to go back as the overspray, glob and the scratches in the acrylic should have not made it back to me quality wise. I appreciate the efforts. They are almost there. The phasers BTW IMHO are fantastic But folks have pointed out areas they don't like either. The weight is good, the sound is excellent as are the features. GC
2852D1AE-FD1A-499A-B049-4D08CEBFE3A5.jpeg
7E1F07EF-695F-400D-99C2-0D08095BB215.jpeg
13AF21A2-F864-4CD9-8F11-F5A26D932051.jpeg

Last edited:
I received two replacement cases today. One was good and the other had some scratches in the display acrylic and some blue over spray on it in a couple of corners and a small paint glob on the tirm. I am going to call get that one replaced. It's obvious what was happening as the boxes sent were the edition boxes one of whatever. The other side of the boxes were now stamped "replacement display boxes" Conclusion.... they were shipped back to the manufacturer for a reshoot. Dried and then placed in a plastic bag without the protective film this go around without a inner art box and four foam corners added for protection in the outer brown boxes. As stated one looks pretty good... However, one I will ask in the morning to go back as the overspray, glob and the scratches in the acrylic should have not made it back to me quality wise. I appreciate the efforts. They are almost there. The phasers BTW IMHO are fantastic But folks have pointed out areas they don't like either. The weight is good, the sound is excellent as are the features. GCView attachment 1636164View attachment 1636165View attachment 1636166
Received my two today ! All is good !

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back