Limited Run Star Trek TNG "Cobra" Phaser Electronics

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am doing a limited run of 10 sets of electronics for the TNG Cobra-style phaser. The electronics provide full lights and sounds identical to the show hero props.

• 20 LED power level display; 5 sets will be done with all green LEDs (screen accurate) while another 5 sets will be done with green, yellow, and red LEDs (tech manual accurate), each color corresponds to a different firing mode.
  • 3 firing modes: stun, heavy stun, and kill. Each mode has its own distinctive firing sound and the emitter LED gets brighter as you increase the setting.
  • Diagnostic mode and overload setting. Pressing the up button past the the last LED will put the phaser into diagnostic mode. At this mode, pressing a specific sequence between the up and down buttons will put the phaser into overload. After 10 seconds the light sequencing will get faster and the sound will increase until it explodes (explosion sound only) then shuts off.
  • Distinctive up and down beeps when setting the power levels.
  • Phaser will shut off automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity (power saving).
  • Uses a LiPo rechargeable battery (charging cable included)
I am selling each set of electronics for $125US each. Please specify if you want all green or 3-color display.
PM me if you are interested.

Cobra-003.jpg
Cobra-J-003.jpg
Cobra-12A.jpg
Cobra-13A.jpg
Cobra-14A.jpg
IMG_3904.jpeg
Cobra-17A.jpg

Last edited:
1 all green display version remains; 1 of the 3-color display versions remain.
Almost all gone!

For anyone that is interested: I can point you in the direction of a body kit for this phaser; plus, I provide build services as well.

Another interesting piece of information on these electronics: several builders have used them to upgrade the Playmates version phaser.

Still have one of these available. I can also configure the display for all green or 3-color. Your choice.

How much would it cost unassembled? How about unassembled with no battery? $125 US is out of my price range, plus I'm in Canada, so it would cost even more.

Well that's convenient. I'm basically looking to mod a playmates type 2 phaser (just ordered a used but fully working one on eBay from a place in Toronto, so it should arrive within 2 weeks or so). I have my own soldering pointer, solder, wires, speaker, batteries, etc.

Basically I need the board, lights, mini-buttons, and whatever else is on the board itself -- unless you recommend the red emitter-light and speaker if a regular set of AA batteries (3 volts power) isn't enough juice to properly power your upgrade, and the cheap playmates light/battery might fry if powered a 3.7 volt lipo. I don't even need the charging cable as I have a ton of USB to USB-micro cables.

I've a Dollarama about a 10 minute walk from me. More than once I've picked up a cheap 2 AA batt powered set of mini-led lights or some cheap toy and stripped it for parts.

I'm thinking I'd like top top 10 lights green (as they're stun settings), then 5 or 6 yellow (heavy stunn), and the kill/disintegrate 5 (or maybe 4) as red.

So, how much am I looking at if I just get you to sell me the parts and I assemble/solder it myself?

Current price is $145US (sorry but components are getting more expensive). And I do not offer these in DIY kit form where you solder the components on yourself.
I am coming out with a new version of these electronics and should be available in about 2 weeks.

Will the new version be any cheaper? And should I watch here or will you be starting a different thread?

I just wish I could remember more from my electronics courses (15 years ago). Then maybe I could buy the 8-light circuit I found on Etsy and mod it for a second row of lights. The kit is $44.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back