Star Trek themed workstation under construction!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PhuketAussie

My long overdue blog update: CREATIVE IMAGINEERING | A ‘STAR TREK’ THEMED WORKSTATION | PART 5 – Woodworking Adventures

In this update I've almost finished building the cabinet, but I'm waiting on getting some paint! I've also mentioned another new build, a Star Trek themed shelf unit for my model cars. Extending the theme beyond just the workstation!

20200423_214129.jpg

PhuketAussie

I'll be writing a blog post soon, but here's where I'm up to with the 'viewscreen' part of the build. I've designed and built a 'case' to cover my 32.5"curved screen monitor. Next step is to tidy it up (pop some air-bubbles!) after this test-fit, put a 'lid' on it, and paint it. I will also build another smaller unit to the left on the cabinet for a smaller HD res monitor (visible in the right side of the photo). I'll have to also cut into that small overhang on the cabinet top so that this 'case' can sit flush against the wall of the cabinet.
20200620_084724.jpg

Starbase101

Nice - I'm doing something similar with a Google Mini, and its LED lights will light the intercom's oval light. Accurate screen fabric is available on eBay. I love what you did with the mesh under your desktop and I hope to do something similar if I can produce enough depth behind a panel.

Last edited: