Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Gregatron

Master Member
View attachment 1594655

My observations form the latest Gorn Episode:

• I loved watching Spock play the role of the 23rd century dishwasher of Captain Pike’s super-sized Colorado ski lodge that doubles for his quarters on the ship.
  • The Gorn acted like wild animals vs. advanced star travelers ; even killing each other until there remained one lone “alpha”. This being the case, I am wondering how a feral species such as this would have ever been able to master space travel. I guess, if given enough time, a pack of wild wolves would be able to harness their vast intelligences and civilization to create warp space flight?
  • Why is it that Bad Robot Spock (in the movies and the TV show) acts like a rage-filled lunatic and always acts out his feelings by “punching things” whether that be walls, computers, people? He seems like a man prone to eventually physically abuse those around him. I believe the term is “a ticking time-bomb”. Whatever happened to the “coolness” that once defined Mr. Spock (and don’t tell me all of this is explained by him smiling in a 50 year old, unsold pilot, in which his character wasn’t even established yet)?

A more appropriate fast-food reference for what this franchise has become.

ED890B2B-2E8B-40B1-96AE-A72079F87D1C.jpeg

ALLEY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The tough one for me is I like the characters, I like the actors, I like the set and prop designs of SNW…

It’s the writing that I wish was better.

The actors and the production crew deserve better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.