Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

They barely promoted it...in a 22-minute video, they gave it maybe 2-3 minutes, and then pimped all the other new shows.

Just using a notable anniversary as an opportunity for nuTrek.

Honestly, this is why I pay absolutely zero attention to ANYTHING that modern Trek does these days. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't know the depths of their stupidity.

Maybe more people should just go find something better to do than hate-watch all this garbage.

Yep.

I only pay attention to the news stories and occasional discussion.

It's dead, Jim.

Hope the rest of the animated Short Treks won't suck like that.
It's a show's 50th anniversary and they decided to mark the occasion by producing and broadcasting THAT mental diarrhea???

Supposed Star Trek Day promotional material presented by CBS / Paramount with Shatner’s Kirk and Nimoy’s Spock conspicuously absent.

Boy, the franchise management just continues to dump on its legacy and profoundly misunderstands why that legacy is there in the first place.

View attachment 1738275
Missing off Kirk and Spock and having crying space Jeysus, and the empress instead is an insult to the fans.

I only watched the trailer for these, and knew they were going to be purile. Are nine-year-olds writing these? Nose picking! Bras!! The principal is a doodie head! Snicker tee hee hee!

Just announced. The book will be released December 13, 2023.

Just in time for the holidays.

IMG_3539.png

Because its the 50th anniversary, it would be really weird to celebrate the 50th of TAS some other time. But seriously, TAS is the least known of all the Trek properties, any excuse to raise its profile is a good idea.
At the same time, the writing team on Lower Decks seems to be fans of TAS since they've had several nods to TAS on the show. They've mentioned events from TAS, a couple of characters, as well as several aliens. I suppose that with Lower Decks also being an animated series, it's rather fitting that they acknowledge their predecessor.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back