Star Trek: Picard

Similar indeed but they reference the Sikaarians specifically, which means this is likely a cube that originated in the Delta Quadrant if it assimilated their technology.
Oh ok. I didn’t catch that Sikaarians reference. It wa such a good episode I’ll watch again and listen more carefully.

For me, I am approaching the same comfortable state of absolute apathy that I have for Discovery when it comes to Picard.

It’s just an all around “meh” experience for me that I just don’t care enough about, one way or another. I recognize it for what it is; Patrick Stewart’s science fiction show with Star Trek in the title.

Are you still watchin Picard?

We got CBS all access this recent weekend and blew through it FAST. My wife has become a huge Trekkie, especially over Voyager and TNG. It is fantastic! I am so happy they chose not to throw him back on a bridge like an adventurous captain. They play to his age. I actually held off on it, thinking they would have a stunt double doing all this crazy stuff with his face CG'd on ala Dooku. LOVE what they have done. It also got me to try discovery which I avoided because of the chatter about it when it first came out, and OH MY GOD it's awesome too.

I don’t mind Picard. I have no idea what’s going on with the daughter banging on the borg ship storyline...but it’s been a fun watch.

And then there’s the fun to watch Red Letter Media dissect cuz they DO know Trek and hearing about how stuff I like is completely out of character or not trek.

mans the last Redletter vid ended with Mike sitting in the dark mumbling “I bet Macaulay Culkin will sit and discusss Picard with me”

So looking forward to that.

I get it. It’s not Trek. But I guess that’s what they want - rope-in guys like me, not the Trek fans.

This has made me more curious to rewatch TNG or the originals again. Don’t remember at all.

*btw... still enjoy Orville more

This thread made me realize that now the number of Trek series I dislike outnumber the ones I like. Technically I suppose that means I can't really qualify as a Trekkie anymore. Feels weird. I can honestly say I never saw that coming.

This thread made me realize that now the number of Trek series I dislike outnumber the ones I like. Technically I suppose that means I can't really qualify as a Trekkie anymore. Feels weird. I can honestly say I never saw that coming.

Well in my feeling there are 4.5 good Star Wars movies... and 6.5 bad ones... so I hear ya.

After all these years, in my 40's, I'm now saying "Make mine Marvel" cuz damn... best track record going for franchises.

Well in my feeling there are 4.5 good Star Wars movies... and 6.5 bad ones... so I hear ya.

After all these years, in my 40's, I'm now saying "Make mine Marvel" cuz damn... best track record going for franchises.
Marvel REALLY know what they're doing, they start with a solid story and build from there.
It's sad that we can't get such a high quality level of writing in Picard.

If ever you need further confirmation that Marvel know what they're doing check out these great deep dives into three of Marvel's pieces of fried Gold.

What I think of Star Trek Picard from the time I heard about it and after watching 6 episodes:

Temba, his arms open,
The river Temarc, in winter,
Kiazi's children, their faces wet,
Zinda, his face black, his eyes red,
Shaka, when the walls fell,
Temba, at rest,
Mirab, with sails unfurled.

Shaka, when my pants fell lol

At least not having Brian or Manu return you can just pretend that this is an alternate universe and none of this is real!

None of this IS 'real'.

Picard isn't a continuation of TNG-era Trek. Since they keep referring to the 2009 reboot. They use the wrong combadge. Vulcans now look identical to Romulans.

*Insert Picard facepalm here*

Nah man, don't let the new stuff ruin your appreciation of the other Trek you like.

The sad thing is the more cameos from other Trek stars they include, the more damage they are doing toward having potential returns of the "real" versions of their characters.
They've ruined Seven of Nine's character in just one episode. She's now just as damaged and broken as all of the other principal characters. Everyone is broken because the "Federation abandoned the Romulans"
Hanging everything on that one plot point was possibly the worst thing they did because now everyone in the show has to be broken because the writers think the real world is "broken".
The writers need to read Thegoodnewsnetwork.org or New Scientist for a better more balanced worldview.
Would it really kill the writers to have a character pull out a Tricorder or scanner to do some investigating rather than constantly pull out a phaser to vaporise someone.

I despair of the JJ/Kurtzman era of Trek. I hope they release their strangle hold on the franchise and we get a new guiding hand for the future of Star Trek.

I'll throw a party the day that happens...sad thing is damage is done and righting the ship could be too expensive to undertake at this time. I think it's just a sign of the times. Also, notice the new young generation of tv & film reviewers are promoting the new stuff because it's more in line with what appeals to them. I can only hope these same young people study the past, but I doubt it. People don't usually reach out to studying history when they already believe they're doing a better job than anyone who came before them. Reaching out to history in a critical way, is only born out of the desire for the truth, and unfortunately it's never been easier to 'fool' people and never been harder to convince them they've 'been fooled'.
It's all part of the great decline and dumbing down of things. Quality takes a lot of time to produce, and that's the opposite of how the industry works now. Churn out as much as you can in a short time...distract people as much as possible so they won't have time to think about plot and plot holes.
Like that joke in politics, you don't need to win, just try to look better than the other guy. And right now...saying Picard is much better than Discovery, is probably not untrue.

None of this IS 'real'.

Picard isn't a continuation of TNG-era Trek. Since they keep referring to the 2009 reboot. They use the wrong combadge. Vulcans now look identical to Romulans.

*Insert Picard facepalm here*

Always wondered why Romulans should look different than Vulcans. They're all Vulcans but with different approaches to their way of life. I mean everything about them is stupid. They're just old Greeks and Romans with pointy ears in space.

A late 24th century replicator looks surprisingly like a 21st century enclosed FDM 3D printer... and it actually is! Its like they're not even bothered to make it look futuristic.
rps20200305_210516.jpg

A late 24th century replicator looks surprisingly like a 21st century enclosed FDM 3D printer... and it actually is! Its like they're not even bothered to make it look futuristic.View attachment 1272984

They didn't even put a screen printed LCARS panel on it, wow, that is SERIOUSLY lazy.
Be glad they bothered to peel the company logo off the front glass panel!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back