Star Trek Picard Season Two Badges

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking for a screen accurate Star Trek Picard Season Two badge but most of the ones online don't seem to be correct.

PicardBadgeSeason2_1.JPG
PicardBadgeSeason2.JPG

These screen captures from the recent espisode (around 17:38 or so) show the badge fairly well. I can see a gold? u-shaped thing going up the center and a gold bar across the u-shaped piece near the bottom. The gold u-shaped piece seems to be raised. The bar running across seems to be arched? It looks like it isn't flat but maybe an illusion from those shots? I want to try and create one in Fusion 360 that is accurate as possible. Does anyone have better shots than I am using or know more about the prop?

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good idea! I didn't create the "stripe" yet (cross piece at the bottom to designate rank?)
I never can get the symmetry perfect but I'm not sure if the badges are truely symmetical or slightly asymmetric.
I wish I had a better reference photo from straight on. (and no fingers in the way!)

Pyrotechnic

Ep7 45:14 has a clear-ish shot of Picard's badge. You could well be right about the rank as his has 4 stripes. I seem to remember there was a clear shot of Rios' badge in the episode where ICE raid the clinic?

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
20220426_195722.jpg

Finally got the model as close as I can get. The center section (u-shaped pin with x number of cross pieces) is completely separate so it can be painted with metallic gold and the main badge with chrome. Now I just need to find the best paints for the job. I will throw it up on printables.com and thingiverse if anyone wants to mess with it. The back part is above my skill level.

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
20220427_163105.jpg

Should have sanded or printed in ABS and used an acetone vapor finish but I was curious to see what it would look like with a metallic paint job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.