Star Trek Picard Season Three

View attachment 1625317

Dear mods,

No more games. This is targeted harassment. I've agreed to disagree and put both this guy and Gimpdiggity on "ignore" long ago, and yet they continue to use this little laughing emoji to attempt to get under my skin. It's childish, petty, and pathetic. It's "just" an emoji, yes, but it's still a form of harassment, and therefore a violation, yes?

Please do something to remedy this. Thanks!
Agreed. If they continue to do this, then perhaps the mods can remove their emoji privileges?

neither is picard, so it doesn't really matter

Many years ago, Paramount made the wise choice to declare only the filmed shows/movies to be canon. This had the dual-benefit of giving writers of the ancillary books and whatnot more latitude than they would otherwise have had, and it also prevented the official canon from becoming excessively convoluted and/or contradictory.

STAR WARS was less successful on this front, allowing spin-off materials to sneak in to varying degrees, and muddling the waters in certain areas.

Now, of course, our own head canon is the only real canon, because the current rights-holders can try and jam round pegs into square holes until they're green in the face, but there ain't no way that the post-2009 stuff is canon. Just because they say it is doesn't...ahem...make it so. The differences between old TREK and NuTREK are diametrically opposed and irreconcilable. Even in this corner of the galaxy, two plus two still equals four.

Might be time for some more Adventures on Memory Alpha, to see how polluted things have become, and just how many hoops contributors are jumping through to try and make it all fit. It's a fool's errand, and a waste of time, frankly.

Might be time for some more Adventures on Memory Alpha, to see how polluted things have become, and just how many hoops contributors are jumping through to try and make it all fit. It's a fool's errand, and a waste of time, frankly.

…or, this will do for now. Sigh.

Y’know, there was a time when Memory Alpha was incredibly well-researched and quite well-written. Now, it’s descended into awful grammar, and poor attempts by room-temperature IQs to jam square pegs into round holes.

The center does not hold, and things fall apart. STAR TREK’s fanbase has most definitely become more “inclusive”, since the franchise now panders pretty much exclusively to dumb people, rather than smart ones. Dumb people who have proceeded to butcher once-articulate and well-written fan-wiki articles with poor writing and the worst and most fannish kind of mental gymnastics to make everything “fit”.

Meanwhile, a voice of reason:

Last edited:

Y’know, there was a time when Memory Alpha was incredibly well-researched and quite well-written. Now, it’s descended into awful grammar, and poor attempts by room-temperature IQs to jam square pegs into round holes.

The center does not hold, and things fall apart. STAR TREK’s fanbase has most definitely become more “inclusive”, since the franchise now panders pretty much exclusively to dumb people, rather than smart ones. Dumb people who have proceeded to butcher once-articulate and well-written fan-wiki articles with poor writing and the worst and most fannish kind of mental gymnastics to make everything “fit”.

I agree with Dave Cullen's observations. Sadly Star Trek's best days are behind it and the JJ and Kurtzman iterations are just pale shadows propped up with nostalgia and dwindling fan good will.

If people are excited for season 3 I hope it lives up to expectations. I'm done with Star Trek. I watch blurays and DVDs of the legacy series and films but for me anything under JJ and Kurtzman just isn't worth the time or heartbreak of trying to hold onto hope of having an intellient sci-fi series that we were once treated to.
LLAP

I agree with Dave Cullen's observations. Sadly Star Trek's best days are behind it and the JJ and Kurtzman iterations are just pale shadows propped up with nostalgia and dwindling fan good will.

If people are excited for season 3 I hope it lives up to expectations. I'm done with Star Trek. I watch blurays and DVDs of the legacy series and films but for me anything under JJ and Kurtzman just isn't worth the time or heartbreak of trying to hold onto hope of having an intellient sci-fi series that we were once treated to.
LLAP

Precisely.

I've been having some more thoughts on Brent Spiner's character:
(Lore)
I haven't read anything online about possible theories, so this is just my own musings, in case someone has already made similar predictions.
In the teaser trailer, Lore is revealed apparently onboard a Federation ship with Geordi (unless they recut a couple scenes together to make it look that way). He's also wearing the same Starfleet uniform as the rest of the Starfleet officers and crew. I can't see if he's got any pips on his collar to denote a rank, but it'd be odd if he had a uniform but wasn't in Starfleet in some capacity. So, unless he's in disguise, he appears to be a member of Starfleet, possibly a crew member of whatever ship they're on, or some sort of "special" advisory position, where he doesn't have a rank as he may not have gone through the Academy as Data did. His change in physical appearence may also be a part of a change to his "evil" ways.

So I'm thinking he got his new "upgrade" in appearence and in mind through the android collective (or whatever you call it) seen at the tail end of Picard season 1, with the same new anroid tech that gave Picard his golum body, and with bits of Data/B4 stirred into his conciousness/programming. I don't think he's going to be a villain, but someone that is going to be with the rest of the TNG crew. That would allow for a more complete "reunion" of the original cast, while still keeping Data dead.

I've been having some more thoughts on Brent Spiner's character:
(Lore)
I haven't read anything online about possible theories, so this is just my own musings, in case someone has already made similar predictions.
In the teaser trailer, Lore is revealed apparently onboard a Federation ship with Geordi (unless they recut a couple scenes together to make it look that way). He's also wearing the same Starfleet uniform as the rest of the Starfleet officers and crew. I can't see if he's got any pips on his collar to denote a rank, but it'd be odd if he had a uniform but wasn't in Starfleet in some capacity. So, unless he's in disguise, he appears to be a member of Starfleet, possibly a crew member of whatever ship they're on, or some sort of "special" advisory position, where he doesn't have a rank as he may not have gone through the Academy as Data did. His change in physical appearence may also be a part of a change to his "evil" ways.

So I'm thinking he got his new "upgrade" in appearence and in mind through the android collective (or whatever you call it) seen at the tail end of Picard season 1, with the same new anroid tech that gave Picard his golum body, and with bits of Data/B4 stirred into his conciousness/programming. I don't think he's going to be a villain, but someone that is going to be with the rest of the TNG crew. That would allow for a more complete "reunion" of the original cast, while still keeping Data dead.
They really did Data a disservice in that first season.

Allow me to be the first to go on the record in saying that I did not enjoy either Season One or Season Two of ST: Picard.

Please feel free to alert your local media. I will be available for commentary regarding this blockbuster news. I also recommend monitoring world markets for any impacts this news may inadvertently cause to occur.

Allow me to be the first to go on the record in saying that I did not enjoy either Season One or Season Two of ST: Picard.

Please feel free to alert your local media. I will be available for commentary regarding this blockbuster news. I also recommend monitoring world markets for any impacts this news may inadvertently cause to occur.
To quote a Michael Jackson song. You are not alone…

He is so right on the money. As a staff writer for The Daily Star Trek News site, I’ve done several season 3 lead up articles. And of course, I have to be building “excitement“ about. I feel like a fiction writer, but there is a small spark of hope that it wont suck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back