old

nicely done. i am a huge fan of TOS props...comm, phaser and tricorder obviously, but always thought McCoy's props were some of the coolest. thanks for posting pics.

I studied these hypos extensively for an SDStudios replica some years ago. I actually identified three variations: from top, season 1, season 2, and a hybrid version that appears in a few episodes (Patterns of Force being one, if I recall)

P1040528.jpg

Note that the season 1 injector tip is designed differently, with a split "tongue." Also the finger guard is cosdiderably shorter. The medicine vial fits down father into the tube on the later season version.

Last edited:
Yes... I realized how bad my first attempt was. I teamed up with a 3d artist and found a CNC shop to help with the project.. here is the new 100% screen accurate season 2 we have come up with.. completely field strip-able made from measurements of the actual screen used prop

1.jpg2.jpgIMG_4021.JPG
IMG_3934.JPGIMG_3936.JPGIMG_4007.JPGIMG_4011.JPGIMG_4013.JPGIMG_4015.JPG

Still needs to be finished and polished... now working on a perfect season 1

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back