Star Trek Next Gen Data's Medals

Hawaiiangb

datasmedals_zpsa5168cb4.jpg

completed project. the fun was all in the search.

Ive been wanting to do this for sometime now. In the second season episode "Measure of a Man", Data is lawfully being challenged if he is a sentient being or just star fleet property. During the court case Picard displays Data's achievements.
226453_521736091202989_2083937521_n_zpsb00fb174.jpg

Ive found some pins and recreated others. Here is what I have done so far. Can anyone identify the two that i am missing?
294305_521736001202998_246137524_n_zps6c7b2e22.jpg

Last edited:
the triangular one on the bottom right is a pin that was sold at star trek conventions. I remember getting mine from intergalactic trading. you see them on ebay once in a while. they are solid black. i took the black paint off to reveal the metal underneath and painted the triangular parts on it. The detail in the middle is original. These were blinky pins and they take two button batteries .
the silver pins are aves apoxie sculpt on plastic sheet. just eyeballed and sculpted to size.
the other pins are exactly as stated above. I need to find a slightly larger UFP pin. (the blue one)
I think the pin on the upper right is another rank pin, but i cant seem to "pin" it down. :(
The upper left pin is another star trek pin , I believe. i thought it was a klingon rank pin, but its not.

Yeah. That was helpful! I know the 6 pointer is a rank pin, just gotta keep searching. I'm going to see if I can get a better screen grab of the red pin. The Star Trek CCG card has the same image of Picard holding the awards. Maybe I can get a better shot of it when Data is putting it in his Round carry-all. I'll post for those also doing this?

Looks like a Colonial Warrior Pin from TOS BSG with greeblies on it.

Need a closer look for sure though.

In real life the pin is Military Intelligence from the US Army

Yeah. That was helpful! I know the 6 pointer is a rank pin, just gotta keep searching.

ok I just won an ebay auction and,i have a closer shot of the two medals that are star trek rank pins. these are the two on the top right.
T2eC16JHJHYE9nzpcwhTBRR2lPnp060_57_zps35bfcec8.jpg

also included in this ebay "win", was the klingon red pin which i purchsed from the intergalactic trading company (if i had only waited).

the auction that had the final pins that i was serching for was 75 dollars. That being said, the auction was a set of 26 pins. Many which I did not have. I think a good estimate is about 10 dollars a pin. two you will have to scratch build. I think the triangle pin is the hardest to find. most people that have it will not list it as a star trek pin. The frame was on clearance at a frame shop for 7 dollars. I got interested in costuming with a group that does it hardcore here in the islands. I know someday the other "rank" pins will come in handy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back