Limited Run Star Trek Mark VII Science Tricorder Electronics Upgrade Kit - Enhanced features!

gmprops

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Everyone!

Updated (The updates are all in italicized font. The rest of the description is from the original run description back in January.)

It has been a while since I have had the Mark VII Science tricorder electronics upgrade kit in stock. But I am preparing to do another run. These electronics are designed to fit the Stapleton or Roddenberry Mark VII Science tricorder body kit. The electronics are designed to turn your static tricorder into a true hero prop replica. The electronics does not include an LCD screen, computer sound clips, or any real working sensors. This is just a set of electronics that will make your tricorder look and sound just like the one used in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I have now enhanced the backlighting for the viewscreen slide. The original version used a single LED behind the slide to light it up, but there was always a bright dot in the center of the screen. I now use a brighter lighting system that evenly lights up the screen and makes the LCARS literally "pop". Compare the original from a build I did last year to the latest build I finished up just a few days ago.

The previous version:
IMG_4220.jpg

The latest version:
IMG_5894.jpg IMG_5895.jpg

The electronics has all of the same LEDs as the tricorder from the show. Plus it includes an authentic sound, plus opening and closing ratchet sounds. The electronics for the main viewscreen area can be configured with a few on-board controls. A switch bank can be used to change the sequence direction of the Alpha to Delta LEDs, plus a small trim-resistor can change the speed of the sequence.

M7S-09.jpgM7S-08.jpgM7S-Switch.jpg

The latest version also includes 3 working buttons that are placed behind the F1/F2, I, & E buttons. These buttons will activate 2 more sounds (medical flatline, and anomaly detection), plus a mute button to silence the tricorder when needed.

Included with the electronics is a rechargeable LiPo battery system with built-in overcharge protection. The battery can be recharged from any USB port on your computer or any USB phone charger. I now supply a higher capacity battery with the new circuits.

I did a run of 15 kits for the original version (which all sold out), so I have decided to do another run of 5 kits of the new enhanced version with the extra sounds/buttons. The kit includes a fully assembled and tested set of the updated electronics (ready to install), plus the rechargeable battery system and USB charging cable. There is also a wiring diagram with some instructions on how to install the boards. You can also view my instructional YouTube video for installing the electronics here.

If you would like to get in on this limited run the price is $135 shipped. Simply send your PayPal payment by clicking HERE. The price includes shipping to anywhere in the world.

Any questions? Leave them here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Attachments

• M7S-01.jpg
    M7S-01.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Re: Star Trek Mark VII Science Tricorder Electronics Upgrade Kit - New Run

I need another set of these for sure!

I can say...if you haven't gotten these from Gerry...you're missing out. They're great & the changing direction & different speeds make it an extra NEAT-O feature. It's worth it!

Larry

One kit already sold privately. Added a list in the first post so everyone knows exactly how many are still available.

File has been sent to the PCB manufacturer in China. Should have the blank PCBs in about 2 weeks and then I can start assembling the boards.

Would it be possible to get just the electronics for the top of the tricorder? I picked up a tricorder a while back that was being made for ds9 and has the front face lights already installed, and I'd like to use what is there already. I just need the top board.

Would it be possible to get just the electronics for the top of the tricorder? I picked up a tricorder a while back that was being made for ds9 and has the front face lights already installed, and I'd like to use what is there already. I just need the top board.

You would have to contact me directly by PM or email at gmros@cogeco.ca

Let's do the ol' weekend BUMP!

Boards should be here by February 1st. Anybody else interested in getting in on this run?

The Mark VII boards have arrived. I have already started assembling a batch of them to keep the wait times down. If you want one, see the first post.

I have heard through the grapevine that Myron Stapleton will have the Mark VII Science tricorder body kits again in a few weeks. He just needed to make a couple of molds to replace some of the old ones.

Well, I only sold a couple of the Mark VII electronic upgrade kits in this run. Kind of disappointing. :cry

But I will have these kits on hand once the body kits become available again from Stapleton Productions.

I just reduced the price to $125US, but only for a limited time. I will take this thread down in one week.

I think there would be more participants if the Tricorder body kits were also available. That's why I haven't ordered.

I think there would be more participants if the Tricorder body kits were also available. That's why I haven't ordered.

I have sent an email to Myron Stapleton to see if he will be offering more Mark VII body kits in the near future. I know he just made a new mold for the Mark VII and he was selling them on eBay in February, but I am not sure why he stopped listing them. I will post what I find out.

Just spoke with Myron. He will be listing Mark VII Science tricorder body kits on eBay within the next few days. Be ready to jump on them since he only has a couple ready to ship.

Just spoke with Myron. He will be listing Mark VII Science tricorder body kits on eBay within the next few days. Be ready to jump on them since he only has a couple ready to ship.

And the Mark VII body kits are now up on eBay! (Item #152025279921)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back