Star Trek: Lower Decks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

0neiros

Master Member
you know what at this point I could go to an alternate universe and come back with seasons four and five of TOS and people would watch them and complain complain gripe complain and whine. just go back to re-watching TOS/STNG and don’t bother watching anything new. The lower decks concept is brilliant. tell me do you think if you were on a Saladin class destroyer with one strict patrol area life would be at its Starfleet bestest? The lower deck concept is absolutely right somebody Has to do boring maintenance. swab the deck and scrub the head as they would say in today’s navy. somebody has to make second contact, hammer out the treaties etc. that’s exactly what this show is about. unfortunately some people just can’t conceive of the fact that every Starfleet ship out there is going to deserve to have its registry number perpetuated with an A-B-C etc. and heaven forbid there be some humor in the Star Trek universe the whole thing with the Pacleds, basically a world of “Idiocracy“ level individuals suddenly becoming a galactic powerhouse is freaking brilliant their ships screaming “red alarm red alarm“ While their lower deckers basically look like extras in a Cheech and Chong movie had me busting a gut.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Master Member
you know what at this point I could go to an alternate universe and come back with seasons four and five of TOS and people would watch them and complain complain gripe complain and whine. just go back to re-watching TOS/STNG and don’t bother watching anything new. The lower decks concept is brilliant. tell me do you think if you were on a Saladin class destroyer with one strict patrol area life would be at its Starfleet bestest? The lower deck concept is absolutely right somebody Has to do boring maintenance. swab the deck and scrub the head as they would say in today’s navy. somebody has to make second contact, hammer out the treaties etc. that’s exactly what this show is about. unfortunately some people just can’t conceive of the fact that every Starfleet ship out there is going to deserve to have its registry number perpetuated with an A-B-C etc. and heaven forbid there be some humor in the Star Trek universe the whole thing with the Pacleds, basically a world of “Idiocracy“ level individuals suddenly becoming a galactic powerhouse is freaking brilliant their ships screaming “red alarm red alarm“ While their lower deckers basically look like extras in a Cheech and Chong movie had me busting a gut.
Exactly. Not every ship in Starfleet is the Enterprise, or the Excelsior, or the Titan; and not every captain is a Kirk, Picard, Sulu, or Riker. It only makes sense that there would be ships in Starfleet that don't get the glamorous jobs and not every captain is in the top tier of Starfleet captains and destined for greatness.

I think that too many people who are complaining about this show can't seem to look past the humor and the animation style. If you look past these things you'll find that this show is very Trek-like at its core, much more so than anything that's come out since at least when Enterprise went off the air. The S2 finale in particular is probably one of the best Trek shows ever written, live action or animated. Sure, it had its moments of humor, but that's part of what this show is about, the funnier side of Trek. But the core of the story was everything that makes a good Star Trek series so good.

robn1

Master Member
5r5ppr.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.