Star Trek - Lost Era (Enterprise B) Tricorder

Exhibit one that I suck at soldering:
TMP Ent-B Tricorder 003solder.png

Right now it looks like I'll be using Aisler, a European service that has prices similar to JLCPCB, but won't need to ship the parts halfway around the world.
While I'm waiting for the spare parts for my 3D printer to arrive I'm already working on the next generation, for a Real Ghostbusters PKE Meter and a few similar devices, with support for TFT displays for output, a compass and a thermometer to drive input data and a potentiometer to switch between display modes.

pke.png

Sadly, no progress since then, continued problems with getting the filament printer to work again (the second one has been broken down for even longer), my chronic repression acting up and now I'll have to move to a new apartment next month because the landlords have decided to tear down this 200+ year house instead of doing the once-in-a-generation structural renovation.

But thanks for showing continued interest!
Hope the next months will turn out better and I can finally get at least one of the filament printers to work again.

Thanks!
Sadly, no. I never really got beyond the problems with the shell on the first page on this thread and from there it only went downhill with adhesion problems thrown into the mix. And out of frustration, I then paused the electronics side of the project as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back