1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run Star Trek Generations Isolinear Chip Collection

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by kertratz, Jul 23, 2015.

1. kertratz

kertratz Well-Known Member

Star Trek Generations Isolinear Chip Collection

[​IMG]

I am very excited to offer a unique collection of rarely seen Isolinear Optical Chips as seen in the feature film Star Trek Generations. The set includes 6 Isolinear Chips (2 unique designs in each of 3 colors) and display rack, all of which were recreated to be as authentic as possible to the screen used designs. Each Isolinear Chip is made from a piece of 1/8” thick laser cut acrylic with copper and gold silkscreened detailing on either side. The display base is a beautiful prop replica itself, and features laser etched ship registry detailing. (Display base is available for the first 15 sets) Also included with each set is a special individually numbered COA Isolinear Chip. Each set is $156.24 (+$6 S&H). Please e-mail me if interested at KertRatz@gmail.com.

Thanks
    KertRatz

***9/4: Did a small run of more stands. Will not be doing more, but for now there are more complete sets available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. Stormshadow

Stormshadow Well-Known Member

ill take 2 sets from you.with display base, and the COa (Blue and yellow if its a choice). pm me if that's doable...--Thomas

3. kertratz

I will contact you to discuss your particular order. In general I cannot always honor such requests. It was important for me to be able to offer the highest quality props at a reasonable cost, and also to be able to ship them out immediately so people don't have to wait. As such, all sets have been prepackaged.

4. kertratz

Another member and a mod on here made me aware that I had overlooked one of the sale rules here on the RPF:

In my original thread I had the price set at $150 (+$6 S&H) and asked people to send as a gift (or add 4% to cover fees). Since I am not permitted to ask for that on here I have edited my first post to reflect a new price of $156.24. Just wanted to explain the change in price for those of you who may check back and wonder why things changed.

In other news.... ALL PAID ORDERS HAVE SHIPPED!

In addition to being able to offer the highest quality props at a reasonable price, it was important for me to be able to turn these around quick so none is waiting.

Thank you all for your excitement about this project!

I only have 3 Display Stand Props left!!!

[​IMG]

5. JiminSTLouis

JiminSTLouis Sr Member

I just ordered a set of these yesterday and they were shipped immediately. I wanted to get a set before the stands were gone. These are by far the best looking Iso chips I've seen offered.

6. kertratz

Down to the last 2 stands now....

The display stand was a pain in the butt! Its actually a complex replica in itself, and cost-wise is way more than the chips! You would think that its pretty straightforward...take a block and cut some slots... Its true that the machining of the plastic is common and no big deal, but finding people who were even willing to do the secondary processes was a trick. I didnt realize that the polishing process to get the stands looking crystal clear is a fairly specialized secondary operation using open flames, and nobody wanted to (or really gave enough thought to figure out how to) laser etch the detailing on the front miter cut surface. Thats why I only have a limited number of the stands, at $45 each I didnt think there would be enough interest. Since everyone keeps raving about the stands though I may try to get some more, or possibly offer them separately.

* Disclaimer - IF its do-able to pull off more stands, I wouldn't have them available until the first week of September anyhow. I am also going to go MIA for a few weeks for my wedding and honeymoon, which is what these are helping to fund (I hope).

kalarcana likes this.
  7. kertratz

Thanks for all the support. I am currently out of display stands. Exploring the possibility of more, and open to input and feedback to see if its even warranted.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  8. kertratz

Doing 10 more stands and then this run will be closed. Signing people up for the last few completed sets now.

9. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

I wish I had the extra cash to get some of these as they look grear, but for the time being I'm tapped out.

10. bobatrek

bobatrek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

One set per our phone conversation. :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. JiminSTLouis

JiminSTLouis Sr Member

I received my set yesterday. Jump in while you can! These are better in person than any pic can capture. The base is crystal clear and the graphics on the chips are crisp. Packaging and protection ensured they arrived in perfect condition.

Thanks Aaron and have fun on the honeymoon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I got mine the other day but have yet to set them up. Work is killing me and that box with my name on it is screaming "Open me!"

By the way, I want those Ten Forward chips. Will you take $10 for the set? :lol

13. JiminSTLouis

JiminSTLouis Sr Member

Open that box! ;)

14. RobI

Oh sure tell me this when I'm home and the box is on my desk!!!

bikemancs likes this.
  15. kertratz

Open that box!

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing a run of 10 more stands. Taking orders now and they will ship in 3 weeks (as soon as I get back from my honeymoon!). As of now there are still 6 sets with stands available.

16. RobI

Ok so completely non-artistic and with absolutely no thought given to lighting, background, exposure and all that good stuff. Unpacked and plopped on my desk.

Sweetness :D

[​IMG]

17. kertratz

Way to class up the place :)

Hope you love em!

18. RobI

Be thankful I at least unwrapped them. If I wanted to be a real pain I could have displayed them still with the protective paper. :lol

19. kertratz

IM BACK! Good and married, had a total blast, and now I'm good and relaxed from the honeymoon too. Actually, thats a lie... I am struggling like hell to get back into "real" life.

Thanks everyone for the support and great feedback on this project. Due to popular demand I have done another small run of stands, and have 10 more complete sets ready to go. I will not be doing more after this run. Please message me if interested. All sets will ship same day.

20. bobatrek

PM coming in regard to the set with my name.

21. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is a set with the stand still available...???

22. kertratz

Sure is. I should probably update the first post, I ended up doing one more run of stands. I'll send you a PM.

23. bluecoyote

I'm in for a set...PP sent Transaction ID 8AL614135T492781K

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  24. kertratz

Shipped! Anyone else want in while there are still stands available?

25. bobatrek

Save me a set 'till you get what's coming to you. ...that sounds bad... You know what I mean - LOL

26. kertratz

Hey Sean, got your tube yesterday. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to peek yet, but I am looking forward to digging in this weekend!

27. kertratz

Just a little bump!

For those of you who might be interested and not yet pulled the trigger, I have 12 sets left, all with display stands! No more runs of the Generations chips, when they are gone they are gone.

Thanks for all the support!

28. bluecoyote

Got mine today...Freakin Cool....!!!!...If your on the fence...pull the trigger.....you won't be disappointed....Excellent Quality......!!!!!:D

29. kertratz

Glad you like! Thanks for the kind words.

30. bobatrek

And I received mine yesterday and they are AWESOME!!! Thanks for these. :D

31. kertratz

Thank you. Down to the last few sets. This project started because I wanted these in my personal collection, but I am glad things worked out the way they did and that you guys are loving these!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  32. kertratz

Last bump. There are only two complete sets with display stands left. Thanks for all the support on this project!