Star Trek Enterprise MACO Scanner Hero prop

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was lucky enough to win a stunt hard rubber cast of the MACO scanner as seen in Star Trek Enterprise season 3, during the mid 2000s IAW e-bay auctions.
I took detailed measurements and 3D modelled the scanner and had it 3D printed with Shapeways. After some post print clean up and a few coats of primer I painted the MACO scanner blue and black and added LED lighting. The screen graphic is double printed on acetate and clear coated to protect it.

Enterprise-Hero-MACO-Scanner.jpg

You can see the scanner in action in a short Youtube video below.

MACO Scanner Video 1080P

I have a few more scanners that were featured in Enterprise to share soon...

That looks great. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.
I love Enterprise, it's a very underrated series which also happened to have some fantastic props.
It was great that they had the insight to have different scanners for different departments and divisions, indicating that the Tricorder hadn't yet become the primary scanning tool that we saw in later Trek series.
Phlox had his own unique medical scanner, the starfleet crew had the pre-cursor to the the Tricorder with their Hand Scanner, T'Pol had her own Vulcan standard issue scanner and the MACO had their more robust scanner, which was clearly designed to take a few knocks with it's guarded black shroud over the grip and scanning head.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back