Star Trek ENT T'Pol Scanner

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Another example of the fantastic diversity in the scanning devices used by the various groups in Enterprise, this time it's T'Pol's Scanner, used throughout all 4 fours seasons of the show. In a few episodes of the first season the centre portion of the grip was silver, but it later changed to a teal/blue colour.
I used an off the shelf can of Tamiya metallic blue for mine and then sealed it with a Mr Hobby semi-gloss coat.

The scanning head/bowl part is Halfords Toyota Silver No2, the side grips are Halfords Satin Black, the buttons are Toyota Silver No 2 and Halfords Ford Arizona Gold

My replica has the clear protective dome over the display graphic, which you don't tend to see all that often in most replicas.

The slide panel on the back houses the small A23 12v keyfob battery which was a bit of a tight fit as I used some spare magnetic battery connectors to allow the battery to be changed easily.

I drew up two graphics in Corel Draw and reverse printed them twice onto acetate sheet, sealed them and glued them together.

Star-Trek-Enterprise-T-Pol-s-Scanner.jpg

I have a couple more graphics in progress, including the medical graphic seen the brilliant season 3 episode "Impulse" when the crew of the Selaya, trapped in the Expanse start to lose their emotional control and slowly attack each other and the NX-01 away team when the board the ship.

impulse-330.jpg

I also have the waveform graphic as seen in the great season four episode "Daedalus"

Daedalus-271.jpg

You can see a video of the prop in action below.

Was wondering if this was on your to-do list -- looks great! It's smaller in the hand than I expected, perhaps because Jolene Blalock is so small in stature it seemed larger on screen.

Was wondering if this was on your to-do list -- looks great! It's smaller in the hand than I expected, perhaps because Jolene Blalock is so small in stature it seemed larger on screen.

Thank you.
Yes this is one prop that has sat in a box for about 15 years going un-finished and that wasn't right. It's such a fantastic piece and it had to join the collection of scanners used in Enterprise that I've been putting together.
Yes, Jolene certainly does seem to have smaller hands.

More Enterprise props to come!

Yeah me too. I've got a couple of Art Asylum ones and that's the closest I've got so far. I plan to get Renaissance_Man to build me one of his Enterprise Starfleet scanners...eventually...

They pop up on Ebay almost once every couple of months I see one of those Phase Pistol/Communicator sets. Last one sold for approx $250 US.

Always love looking at your finished products. Enterprise props have grown on me more and more over the years. I would love to get ahold of an Enterprise communicator.

Thank you, much appreciated.
I have a static 3D printed ENT Comm, based on measurements of a Rodd.com/HMS kit.

Is there a spring that flips the lid open? Are you making them to be available like your other props?

The spring loaded lid is a work in progress. The ENT comm is currently static to sit inside the Universal Translator that is nearly finished.

More Enterprise props to come!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back