Star Trek Continues Phaser MK II version (Scratchbuild)

jake88

Sr Member
Its been a long time since I posted a model or much anything here. But recently I got bit by the phaser bug and started building my new favorite version of the phaser used in the new web series on YouTube called Star Trek Continues. Didn't do a build up log. Just a few shots of kinda how I started. But here it is.

20170123_150409_zpsnklq1csk.jpg20170119_131628_001_zpsezxguefw.jpg20170228_112909_001_zpstp4tm2dp.jpg20170228_112925_001_zpsxyagl41l.jpg20170228_112940_zps9amc4n3q.jpg20170228_112951_zps3wcep6ib.jpg20170228_112944_zpsr28vwumo.jpg

Any photos of the Phaser 1 build? In fact, if it made it into rubber, I would buy a kit.

J

Last edited:
The STC phasers were purchased from Scott Narada, a speculative design he came up with prior. You can buy them here (scroll down):
http://www.xscapesprops.com/Valkyrie_Props.htm

Jake's replica is awesome! But let's not entertain any rubber hitting it. :)

First off, I compliment Jake88 on his build and "representation" of the phaser used in the STC production. I happen to own one of Scott['s Phasers. Nice interpretation of what an up-dated TOS Phase 2 might look like. I also happen to own other representations of the TOS Phaser 2: JLong/Masterpiece Models Phaser 2 kit, Wand TOS Phaser 2 TV Remote, Master Replicas Phaser 2, ST Experience Water Pistol Phaser 2, Rubies Cosplay Phaser 2, AA/DST Phaser 2s, Playmates Phaser 2, various Rodenberry Phaser 2s, BNelson clones, Franz Joseph version.............all representations of the original BUT not identical.

So if I want to inquire about the possibility of obtaining a copy of his representation, it's up to builder to decide and I accept his decision.

Jake88, thanks for the response. Great build. If treadwell doesn't understand where I am coming from, let him check out these comparison photos.
Jake 88-Valkyrie P1 Comparison.jpgJake 88-Valkyrie P2 Comparison.jpg

Nice differences.

J

I won't further contaminate Jake's showoff thread except to say what you propose would not be in line with forum guidelines. I will say no more.

...except, once again, well done Jake. :)

Thanks for the positive comments. As for a "kit" I will be honest and say that if I had the patience and skill/time, I would whip up some resin kits. But my scratch built stuff is all "one off" builds. I have two STC phasers and two original series phasers. Each one is vastly different, I change and hopefully improve each generation as I build them.

I can post the file I made for the decals if you would like. Just let me know.
.tos1.jpgtos2.jpg

stcv1.jpg
stcv2.jpgcompair3.jpg

Attachments

• compair1.jpg
    compair1.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back