Star Trek Beyond (Post-release)

So, who has a good shot of the Enterprise-A to see the changes they made? It had very short screen time at the end. I noticed the swept back pylons and it looked like the nacelles were side mounted.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my last post was, what's with their production/set designer and catwalks? There's catwalks all over in the Kelvinverse and in many cases, with no railings, what's up with that? Who actually thinks it's a good idea to create a multi-level structure that consists almost solely of or at least has several areas that consists almost solely of crisscrossing catwalks? Nero's ship in the first JJ Trek was nothing but catwalks with no railings, we see in Into Darkness that the Enterprise has this nice area that's made up of intersecting crosswalks for people to conveniently fall off of when the ship is under attack and there's more down by where the primary hull connects to the secondary, and then there's Krall's base which is also built along the same lines as Nero' ship with tons of crisscrossing catwalks with no railings.

I agree Riceball...the stark catwalk mazes are absurd! If there are millions of people in this metropolis, there must be thousands of families with children and teens and old people...not just 20-somethings in peak fitness and super-hero aliens living there. It's like they took this scenario from The Jetsons cartoon!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Star Trek is like baseball.

The players play the games, and the owners own the teams.

But the fans own the game."

So, who has a good shot of the Enterprise-A to see the changes they made? It had very short screen time at the end. I noticed the swept back pylons and it looked like the nacelles were side mounted.

Found this on youtube yesterday. Not sure if it will be taken down, but it shows the Enterprise-A. This will definitely be a scene to frame through once it's released on bluray/digital/4K. I'm sure there will be other things I don't like about it, but I'm so glad the nacelles are farther apart.

Found this on youtube yesterday. Not sure if it will be taken down, but it shows the Enterprise-A. This will definitely be a scene to frame through once it's released on bluray/digital/4K. I'm sure there will be other things I don't like about it, but I'm so glad the nacelles are farther apart.

Awesome... Thanks!

One thing that I forgot to mention in my last post was, what's with their production/set designer and catwalks? There's catwalks all over in the Kelvinverse and in many cases, with no railings, what's up with that? Who actually thinks it's a good idea to create a multi-level structure that consists almost solely of or at least has several areas that consists almost solely of crisscrossing catwalks? Nero's ship in the first JJ Trek was nothing but catwalks with no railings, we see in Into Darkness that the Enterprise has this nice area that's made up of intersecting crosswalks for people to conveniently fall off of when the ship is under attack and there's more down by where the primary hull connects to the secondary, and then there's Krall's base which is also built along the same lines as Nero' ship with tons of crisscrossing catwalks with no railings.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm gonna guess they wanted to avoid too many railing kills.

i wanted to wait until this mess is on demand,

but my father wants to see it, and i still owe him a fathers day gift (minus a dinner no one had time for)...so we're going in a few hours...

pray for mojo ;o)

HA! are you kidding? This is the JJ verse! It 3/4 finished the day after the other one was destroyed.

I'm not kidding.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You mean compared to the original A that just needed to have a new name painted on it? That had zero differences to the first one other than one extra letter?

You mean compared to the original A that just needed to have a new name painted on it? That had zero differences to the first one other than one extra letter?
True.

But they this movie starts off a couple of days before Kirk's birthday. It ends on his Birthday while they are watching the new enterprise being constructed AT THE SPACE STATION THAT THE MOVIE STARTED OUT AT. Obviously, they just replicate ship parts wherever they want

True.

But they this movie starts off a couple of days before Kirk's birthday. It ends on his Birthday while they are watching the new enterprise being constructed AT THE SPACE STATION THAT THE MOVIE STARTED OUT AT. Obviously, they just replicate ship parts wherever they want

I haven't even seen the movie yet but from that clip it's pretty clear this was a touch of artistic license and not meant to imply the ship was built in 30 seconds or that the crew stood in that lounge for a year waiting for it to be finished.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back