Star Trek 2 new uniforms

Well, seeing as the first movie started with an aggressive attack that clearly made Starfleet more militaristic resulting in a different look of the Enterprise... it seems to fit that they'd go with that type of uniforms... even if they are just parade/dress uniforms for social appearances.

Don't you worry Mr Spock, I have a cunning plan...

blackadder-goes-forth.jpg

Has to be a dress/ceremonial uniform of some sort because other pics have already shown the same uniforms from 2009 Trek.

Even in modern military, hats like that are never part of the standard working uniform, they're always reserved for dress uniforms (with the rare exception where the daily working uniform is the dress uniform, like embassy guards and the like).

There's always been variations based on department as well (Scotty and Chekov have always worn different colors). In all of Trek, that's never changed, and I see no reason for it to change now.

So I'm going to jump on the "It's a dress uniform" bandwagon. We'll probably only see those costumes for a few minutes.

I certainly don't see Starfleet there.

I do see a heavy Starship Troopers influence. :rolleyes

obr4.jpg

And forgive me, but I was just watching "The Cage" the other night- where is Pike's cap? In his quarters?

Kevin

This is clearly just a clever ruse to throw us costumers of the track.

Even JJ would never put hats into his Trek uniforms.

Right?

Even in modern military, hats like that are never part of the standard working uniform, they're always reserved for dress uniforms (with the rare exception where the daily working uniform is the dress uniform, like embassy guards and the like).

There's always been variations based on department as well (Scotty and Chekov have always worn different colors). In all of Trek, that's never changed, and I see no reason for it to change now.

So I'm going to jump on the "It's a dress uniform" bandwagon. We'll probably only see those costumes for a few minutes.

I heard they wear them at the end of the movie when Kirk is promoted to Fleet Admiral for saving the Earth from Khan.

I certainly don't see Starfleet there.

I do see a heavy Starship Troopers influence. :rolleyes

And forgive me, but I was just watching "The Cage" the other night- where is Pike's cap? In his quarters?

Kevin

Yes. It's on a table built onto the top of his super advanced 23 century console TV

Last edited:
And we've never seen hats in sci fi before?

Not in Star Trek.

And I'd hardly call that cap on Pike's tv console a "precedent"; you could barely see it, and he never wore it.

All I see is Starfleet being represented as a military force. And while this has probably been debated to death, Starfleet is not the military. It can act as Earth's defence force when necessary, but its primary mission is exploration.

Starfleet becoming militant is like the equivalent of NASA being used to fight aliens.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... they did it in Wrath of Khan- naval military looking uniforms, much more comportment etc.

Kevin

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back