Star Trek 2 new uniforms

Oh and the security guards from Star Trek III don't count either; that was part of their "work" uniform. :p

I don't understand why this doesn't count. This whole discussion is wether there were ever Starfleet uniforms that included hats.

69a95261.jpg

OMFG THEY LOOK LIKE NAZIS! :eek

Oh right... they ARE dressed as Nazis, not their Starfleet uniforms. :thumbsdown

So what was your point Roland? :rolleyes

If someone will please show me a picture of a Starfleet ceremonial/dress uniform that includes a dress cap (not from JJ Trek) you can have the last laugh.

That's MY point.

Kevin

Oh and the security guards from Star Trek III don't count either; that was part of their "work" uniform. :p

From the pilot episode The Cage. What's that sitting on the table, hmmm?

We already discussed Pike's cap on page two.

Oakey Dokey- The new military looking uniforms are NOT going to prevent me from seeing the film. I just can't stand Trek becoming Space Marines.

Kevin

Yes, but I brought the photographic proof and I'm not the one getting all upity. ;) And I agree, I hate the look of these uniforms. :thumbsdown

They're still going to wear their old, overly embroidered uniforms. I never liked these uniforms even from the previous film.

Still, it could be worse.

bridgebadge.png

In Star Trek Insurrection Picard wore beads on his head and in DS9 Sisko's baseball team had "Niners" hats...

... and who could forget Data/Geordi's Deestalkers and Picard and crew's Sherwood Forest caps!

Apart from anything else the uniforms look dull, boring and not really in keeping with the 23rd century design established in TOS or the previous film.

I mean, seriously, grey?

Well,those are better than the "wait staff" uniforms.
star-trek_insurrection_1.jpg

But even dress uniforms that make you appear to be a waiter look better than those dull greys.

Well,those are better than the "wait staff" uniforms.
star-trek_insurrection_1.jpg

But even dress uniforms that make you appear to be a waiter look better than those dull greys.

I always thought those looked like pretty accurate Naval Dinner Whites, which is the function TNG crew was attending.

(best pic I could find without an actual officer in them)

1480182e.jpg

I always thought those looked like pretty accurate Naval Dinner Whites, which is the function TNG crew was attending.

(best pic I could find without an actual officer in them)

Yeah, was nice to see a dress uniform that looked vaguely tuxedo-like, rather than just the uniform top made into a dress with gold braid that was worn over the pants.

I always thought the "band" uniforms, the maroon ones from WOK were the most ridiculous duty uniform. The TMP "pajamas" were much for practical in a working environment.

I always thought the "band" uniforms, the maroon ones from WOK were the most ridiculous duty uniform. The TMP "pajamas" were much for practical in a working environment.

My favorite will always be the First Contact uniforms. Those looked practical, simple and more importantly, professional.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back