Star Trek 2 new uniforms

Not in Star Trek

:p

7263f478.jpg

I heard they wear them at the end of the movie when Kirk is promoted to Fleet Admiral for saving the Earth from Khan.

... except they've repeated time and time again (most recently from Scotty) that Kahn is NOT in this movie.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that JJ, inspired by having seen Generations for the first time, decides to put half the crew in the 09 movie uniforms and the other half in these new uniforms. Then, in Trek 3, the uniforms will be different again (though with some similarity with the new Trek 2 uniforms).

Also, the addition of more lens flairs, cowbell and, by popular request, the addition of a Dharma logo.

There is no way these will be there new uniforms, there made for one scene, still sticking with the same uniforms from the first movie, scotty even tweeted a photo of them.

:rolleyes

Yeah yeah... and they wore neckties and pushed a button to open the doors in an attempt to make a series that while set in the future look "retro."

Archer's ballcap is still not a dress uniform cap, but I guess I'm splitting hairs at this point. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Kevin

Oh no!! Everyone knows the most important part of a film is the costumes, what were they thinking!
:rolleyes

Those are dress uniforms for ceremonies. They were seen in the last film.

So, anyone with an officer's cap is equal to Nazi.

I'm amazed at how limited some people are regarding military uniforms. There's barely any German influence in those uniforms shown in the first picture. They are more akin to the dull looking British and Russian uniforms.

And with the way the first movie started... it is very certain that Starfleet is more militarized than we saw in in the old movies, as a direct reaction to the attacks made by Nero. But again... these look like parade/dress uniforms... and were in the first movie where no one complained.

Just a weird, weird reaction.

I could care less if they wear hats, just not digging the look of those uniforms. Clearly a dress uniform, and unlikely to be worn throughout the entire film anyway. I did not care for the look of the uniforms in TMP, but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the film.

So, those uniforms suck...and OMG, hats in Trek!!!
;)

No, never! :lol

attachment.php

OMFG THEY LOOK LIKE NAZIS! :eek

Oh right... they ARE dressed as Nazis, not their Starfleet uniforms. :thumbsdown

So what was your point Roland? :rolleyes

If someone will please show me a picture of a Starfleet ceremonial/dress uniform that includes a dress cap (not from JJ Trek) you can have the last laugh.

That's MY point.

Kevin

Oh and the security guards from Star Trek III don't count either; that was part of their "work" uniform. :p

Last edited:
... except they've repeated time and time again (most recently from Scotty) that Kahn is NOT in this movie.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that JJ, inspired by having seen Generations for the first time, decides to put half the crew in the 09 movie uniforms and the other half in these new uniforms. Then, in Trek 3, the uniforms will be different again (though with some similarity with the new Trek 2 uniforms).

Also, the addition of more lens flairs, cowbell and, by popular request, the addition of a Dharma logo.

Okay so he gets promoted saving the Earth from somebody else then. Picky picky. :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back