Star Trek 09 Enterprise model- any word??

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Hey guys, I tried doing a search on this and found the Polar Lights thread about the ST09 enterprise, but that was some time ago. I also read that Polar Lights will not be producing the new Enterprise model.
Is there any word on whether anyone else will be producing this kit?

Thanks

Nothing officially since Round 2 has the Trek license in North America. They tabled work on the JJ Prise in favor of doing the 1/350 TOS model and all their resources are being poured into that kit. Considering the Trek sequel won't be until 2013, it is likely a good decision since given the "polarizing" nature of the ship, it will probably sell the most close to movie time anyway. So, we "may" see it eventually once the 1/350 TOS Enterprise is done.

In Europe, Revell of Germany has a European exclusive Trek license and I have a feeling they might also try to do a JJ Prise model, if the sales numbers for their new tool TOS Enterprise and Klingon ship are good. But nothing has been announced either and likely won't be until this fall or next spring.

My crystal ball still works!

As for size, if Revell is going by the 1000 foot long rule of thumb that seems to be prevailing (as opposed to the obnoxiously huge 2000 foot long length suggested by a couple of the effects shots in Trek 09), the kit will likely be about two feet long (the TMP Enterprise was also about 1000 feet long and AMT's kit of it was 1/537 scale and 22" long). Considering the price shown by the listing, I consider it highly likely to be a two foot long kit as opposed to a four foot long one.

In any event, it should be of a decent enough size as to me, a two foot model fits into the "just right" category... not too small and not too huge.

BTW, Round 2 does NOT have a license for JJ Trek anymore (they dropped it while keeping the license for the rest of Trek). So, I would say chances are good that this kit should be available in the US as there likely won't be an exclusivity clause holding it back from being regularly distributed in the US (TOS Trek Revell kits on the otherhand have to be back channeled into the states since Round 2 has the North American license).

Last edited:
Oh that Revell list has 2 things I am definitely getting then! Finally a 1/72 Type IXC U boat, and the JJprise. Hopefully it won't have the funky angles of the Playmates ship.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back