Star Tours 2.0 on-ride videos, new James Earl Jones dialogue, more - SPOILERS

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Darn it! All the classic trilogy stuff in CGI! Doesn't look right. And I miss the People Mover going by above the Starspeeder. :(

Hm, it looks okay.

The CGI looks way too much like in-game-graphics, though. The 1999 look of the pod race is IMO not really state of the art, especially when the ride has to attract people for a few years to come.

I find a few new inclusion quite clever, such as the Death Star above Geonosis, although I hate that they did not use a costumed actor for Vader and that they included TIE Interceptors. Love the Skytrooper though, let´s see who´s first to do that costume :p

The refurbished C-3PO looks awesome, the movement is very lifelike, almost too smooth in comparison with Anthons Daniel´s performance.

All in all, I am definitely visiting the ride once the Disneyland Paris ride has been reworked.

Neat little story that they had in the opening scroll text shown at the ceremony. Raymus Antilles, now where have I heard that name before ...

Is it just me, or does Admiral Ackbar in that commercial sound exactly like Strong Bad, from the Homestar Runner cartoons?

To keep the necroposting love going, I just went to Disneyland for the first time since they redid Star Tours and I totally loved it. I really liked all of the changes they did although I agree that 3P0 moved a little too smoothly and I think his thighs were set a little too far back so that he looks like he's leaning back slightly. Even though a lot of the CG work looked like high end game graphics as opposed to being photo-real it was still very enjoyable and I thought that the spy gimmick was pretty clever.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back