Interest Star Lord trenchcoat panels (Run open and finish tutorial posted)

MorbidCharlie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are the three panels that are attached to the long leather strip on Star Lord's trenchcoat as seen in the image below.

uploadfromtaptalk1424707315883.jpg

I am offering three 3D printed panels for $30 shipped. They will need little clean up, especially if filler primer is used before painting/finishing.

- Kevin Gossett - Paid and shipped
- Soulinertia - Paid and shipped
- hazardjsimpson - Paid and shipped
- krell101 - Paid and shipped
- Zexceed - Paid and shipped
- hikz - Paid and shipped
- ParksDesign - Paid and shipped
- 80sKidAutoman - Paid and printed - will ship with holster pads
- TK-9336 - Paid and shipped

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord trenchcoat "greeblies"

Real hard for me to make out the inner part of this piece with the images I've been able to find but someone who has seen the actual pieces indicated that it was NOT a mesh, so I've gone ahead and modeled these in. These are a "best guess" and aren't screen accurate but look the part. If someone can find a higher res, larger image that shows the middle part I can make it more accurate. Might have these available as early as next week, assuming there are no other changes needed to the model. To keep it's metallic look, I will probably cast these in resin instead of urethane with copper or bronze. I won't be offering these finished. There are some tone differences that will need to be painted in for accuracy. Thinking I'm going to make these 2" by 2".

Here's the current model:
Greeblies.jpg

interested, and would like a set, but when do you think you will be in production?

Count me in for one set. :thumbsup
Greeeeeeeeblis.....:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

interested, and would like a set, but when do you think you will be in production?

I am actually going to print the model tomorrow. It will require clean up but I might be able to have these ready to cast as soon as next week.

Re: Star Lord trenchcoat panels (test print pic up)

What are the chances of getting a set done in a smaller size in 3D print? For my 9 year old sons Disney Store long jacket. The printed squares measures around 1 1/4".

80sKIDAutoman - I could do them smaller, but it would have to be a raw 3D print that would need to be finished and painted. I wouldn't create a mold for a one-off.

Last edited by a moderator:

@80sKIDAutoman - I could do them smaller, but it would have to be a raw 3D print that would need to be finished and painted. I wouldn't create a mold for a one-off.

Am OK with the raw 3D prints as long it is high resolution. PM me a price for a set of squares. Also would you be able to print up the following too?: 1" jacket valve and a arm badge sized 1" x 2" Thanks for working with us on these. I may as well decorate the whole trench coat piece all at once if possible.

I've done a couple of prints of this and each time manhandle it to much and break the little pieces inside. Got another print done today and will baby it and get it cast in the next couple of days. Almost there!

Okay, good news and bad news. First, the bad news - I'm tired of fighting with these prints and getting them to mold properly so I'm not going to be offering them as cold casts. The good news is that I'm going to still offer them as 3D prints which will lower the cost significantly. So, if you want these panels, I'm going to go ahead and offer three 3D printed panels for $30 shipped. They will be printed in whatever color filament I have on hand (currently red or clear). I've played around with the test prints and there is very little clean up needed if you use filler primer. After I actually paint a panel, I will post a tutorial on how I finished it. Consider the run open.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back