Star Lord Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers - FINISHED!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As many of you know, we've been working on this jacket for a long time. We had our first pattern maker do the design work and based on this we made our first canvas prototype:

152-proto1_zpsp5ikabac.jpg

152-proto2_zpsqimbm6ou.jpg

There were so many little things wrong with the prototype, which was to be expected, that I laid it all out so our pattern maker could tweak the design for the next mock-up. He took FOREVER to get to this, that I scrapped the project and started over with some new workers we recently hired on.

They produced a completely new pattern from scratch and a different cotton prototype with a few extra details:

vac-proto1_zpsrb4gdzhx.jpg

vac-proto2_zpsscupha4a.jpg

I counted eight or nine changes that needed to made, so those are currently in the works. In the meantime we also sourced a beautiful leather for the first leather prototype:

starlord-leather_zpsdg0cnajo.jpg

We're testing out the printing on canvas right now and are awaiting the custom screen-accurate zippers to arrive (should be here before the end of the month). Once they arrive, we'll be making our first jacket in the correct colors and materials.

I want to thank all those who have pre-ordered this sight-unseen and will continue to post updates of this work in progress.

King regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers

INDY, nice work :) Subscribing to to your thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The details look excellent, but I'm going to be that guy and say that I'm not sure I like the look of the gradient on the jacket. The last photo you posted looks great, but some of the others on the site look too vibrant of a shift.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back