Star Lord and Ronan for Comic Con Germany 2016

I had enough of Ronans Hammer today so i worked a bit on the Boosters for the Star Lord Costume.

IMG_20160526_213211.jpgIMG_20160526_215255.jpg
Mostly made out of a yarn roll. ^^

Cool, hammer time! heh

Booster looks great and that is quite a morph from yarn rolls to booster rockets. Great job.

Thx man. ^^

Here is the finished Booster on the Boot and a Pic from the Hammer.
IMAG0038.JPGIMAG0040.JPG

No idea how smooth i can get the Hammer in the short time i have left. So i decided to work on the rest that´s almost finished and sand the hammer if i have time left at the end.

Thx man. ^^

Here is the finished Booster on the Boot and a Pic from the Hammer.

No idea how smooth i can get the Hammer in the short time i have left. So i decided to work on the rest that´s almost finished and sand the hammer if i have time left at the end.

Nice that boot looks sharp.

I hear ya on the hammer, ugh what a chore it is. It seems like the more I work on it the less its done.

I forgot the ****ing circles around the eyes! XD
I had them laying around but forgot to glue them on. ^^

helmet.jpg

Good looking pizza boxes! I'm sure your son is thrilled! Looks better than some things I've seen made from more elaborate materials...

Thx man. ^^

Nice, for materials used and timeline this looks really good.

Your Con is here man, did you get everything done? heh

Everything is as done as i can. There are many things i would change if i had some months more, but its done enough. ^^

Hi Styxx,
i am working on my Star Lord Cosplay since january and finished it to 90%.
I will come to the Comic Con in Stuttgart, too. On Saturday you could see me walking and shooting around :)
I hope we could make a photo together, a little Star Lord, me as big Star Lord, and our evil enemy :D :D
View attachment 628756

Soooo, i have no idea if we met or not. XD
I made Photos with 5 Star-Lords or so and asked the first 2 if there are from the RPF. Both had no idea what a "RPF" is, so i stopped asking. XD

More pics Styxx, heh.

I am dying to see some of you and your son and some other GOTG player shots.
I went online and saw a few that some others had posted from the event/facebook etc but there really isn't any of you guys anywhere.

I searched them all and even the floor pics of everyone coming and going looking for you anywhere, but none.

I'd really like to see more than one pic of ya. ;)

What did you decide on for tails, the folded one cut idea?

Why the purple gloves and not full on makeup?

Was it hot [joke]?

Looks like it came out great and your lit'l Quill work looks stellar.
Did your son "crave" pizza while wearing his costume during the event? ;)

Yeah....about the photos.
I think i have 3-4 more, the thing is we "lost" my girlfriend and an other friend for most of the time in the crowd and THEY had the cameras. XD
So i have around 50 photos of lego stuff, some great transformers costumes, a lifesized WH40K imperial army outpost. But next to no pictures of my son and me. ^^
The other thing is, my makeup was not really the best choise for the summer. Many People made photos of me and my son but i think after thes saw the mess on my face, they decided to not post them online. XD
It was a great day, a great con but a big fail if you want photos.
Luckily my brothers fiancee is a professional photographer an after i have repaired the costumes she will make a photoshoot with us. ^^

CAM00006.jpgView attachment IMG_0002.JPGView attachment IMG_0038.JPG

There are 2 or 3 more on my friend camera i have to get.

For the tails, yes i made them as simple as i could. It was just not enough time to make them better. And for the gloves, i was happy to use them and not makeup. XD It was ****ing hot that day, makeup would have been a mess, with the gloves i was at least able to touch things. ^^

.....an yes, the Star Lord guy on the last photo was ****ing huge....o_O

Last edited:
No worries Styxx, is what it is.

Sorry to hear about the makeup, gloves was a good idea though.
I don't think makeup is a great idea most seasons for any costume, heh.

Yeah, that is one tall Starlord.. wow.

Hope to see some future pics when you get to them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back