Thanks man, now that the Star Lord Costume is (90%) finished i can start working on Ronan. ^^Great job. You are a skilled person and your son seems to be very happy. Can't wait to see your Ronan costume!
No, sadly i did not found them. They are really close in the overall shape and i thought about altering the sole if i have enough time. ^^Are those the Skecher Diameter shoes? I can't quite tell.
I saw those in kid sizes at the Skecher store the other day. Same movie-accurate sole as the adult ones too.
So for your boot, did you pattern this manually and sew all these panels?
As far as the Shoe goes i was really lucky. I searched through old shoes i and my brother had and found a pair of old sneakers with a matching sole.So for your boot, did you pattern this manually and sew all these panels?
As I am pretty sure you did based on what I see...
I have been hunting for a pattern/material for the ankle and have yet to find one.
What shoe/boot [oem] are you using?
Do you have anymore detailed build pics?
As i wrote, i wrapped my lower Leg and the shoe in masking tape and drew the pattern for the base on it.More pics and build info would be grand.
That would be cool.Hi Styxx,
i am working on my Star Lord Cosplay since january and finished it to 90%.
I will come to the Comic Con in Stuttgart, too. On Saturday you could see me walking and shooting around
I hope we could make a photo together, a little Star Lord, me as big Star Lord, and our evil enemy
View attachment 628756
Very cool thanks Styxx,As i wrote, i wrapped my lower Leg and the shoe in masking tape and drew the pattern for the base on it.
I saddly dont have them anymore, i thought i just need them that one time. But here are some photos i made:
I sewed them together, glued the base on the shoe and sewed over that.
After that i made a fake leg out of duct tape (same technique as before, just without the shoe), stuffed it in the boot to give it more support.
I wrapped the boot in cellophane and masking tape, drew the outer patterns on it.
Same as before, i sewed all of it together, glued some things in place and sewed over that to make the bond stronger.
I made the cross pattern panel out of 2mm craftfoam, i cut 1mm into it and hit it with a heatgun. To make it and the rim around it i used the same patterns as for the "base".
Thats about it, i hope this helps. Next time i will make more photos of the steps in between.