Stanley Kubrick Exhibition at LACMA Nov 12' to June 13'

EvilRocketeer

Master Member
I know there are a few Stanley Kubrick fans out here in southern california.

The LACMA will be featuring a Stanley Kubrick Exhibit this year.

Exhibit includes annotated scripts, production photography, lenses and cameras, set models, costumes, and props.

Museum Info:
"Stanley Kubrick was known for exerting complete artistic control over his projects; in doing so, he reconceived the genres in which he worked. The exhibition covers the breadth of Kubrick’s practice, beginning with his early photographs for Look magazine, taken in the 1940s, and continuing with his groundbreaking directorial achievements of the 1950s through the 1990s. His films are represented through a selection of annotated scripts, production photography, lenses and cameras, set models, costumes, and props. In addition, the exhibition explores Napoleon and The Aryan Papers, two projects that Kubrick never completed, as well as the technological advances developed and utilized by Kubrick and his team. By featuring this legendary film auteur and his oeuvre as the focus of his first retrospective in the context of an art museum, the exhibition reevaluates how we define the artist in the 21st century, and simultaneously expands upon LACMA’s commitment to exploring the intersection of art and film."

Stanley Kubrick | LACMA

I doubt photography will be allowed....Im going to call a few days before to see. I know the Tim Burton Exhibit didnt allow it.

l_62622_5306a5cf.jpg

With a window that big I'm definitely going to check it out at some point. Thanks for the heads up.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back