Stallone Judge Dredd Helmet (first paint and final visor added)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Pannaus Props

Sr Member
Hey guys,
i've been asked to make a Dredd helmet + pauldron so I started.
I used one of my universal casts to start, and I had to cut almost 40% of it :D

Here's where I stand right now.

At first the helmet looked too small, so I had to enlarge it a bit and start over.
The white "border" is the thing that took me longer to understand and get right.

Also the plaque and the stars where a pain in the neck...wish I had a laser cutter :D

Anyways, the last pictures, show a pretty good helmet coming up!
Thanks for watching!

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nobby

Sr Member
Re: Stallone Judge Dredd Helmet

that's looking good!
I've been after one of these helmets for years.

So, if you fancy making another one................. :D

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's a pretty good one that's been floating around the RPF which is too small for most. However, this is the one most of us have. It would be nice to have one made available that fits a normal sized mans head.

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

This one fits my melon which is 59.5 cm or just a bit shy of 24'' (if you have a 24'' it will fit no prob, i'm making it for a guy that has 62 cm head :D)

jaybible

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Man you knocked that out pretty quickly! It looks great! Looking forward to seeing this sprayed.

Also the stars really look like such a pain in the ass.

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't wait to see the pauldron!

welshwarrior123

looking great mate.
Im not to knowledgeable on Dredd, but ive had a few helmet commissions of them and know that a movie style pauldron is wanted by a lot of people.

Look forward to seeing it painted.

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

Man you knocked that out pretty quickly! It looks great! Looking forward to seeing this sprayed.

Also the stars really look like such a pain in the ass.
That they are :D

I'll stick to this!

As for the pauldron guys, the dude who commissioned me the helmet wanted the entire costume, but I just can't focus on Dredd. I told him I wouldn't do the pauldron for him, but if you say there's an interest, I might make him and some other guys happy :D

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

So I'm done.
First casts are out of the mold.
Here are the missing picures :D

As you can see, I did the holes and the groove so that it would be easier for guys to mask when painting. If you don't want the holes, a very quick pass of filler and you're done ;)

What do you guys think?
The helmet fits a 25'' melon ;) but i'll post pic to show you is not oversized ;)

darkchylde80

Amazing work! I've always missed out on getting a judge dredd helm, maybe this time I can pick one up!

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

And here are the first pictures of the cleaned cast:

And here's a pic of me with a super INTELLIGENT expression to show the fitting. THe helmet has no padding inside as now.

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

Thanks :) molded the star plaque this afternoon. we ll se how it turns out the cast tomorrow!

Pannaus Props

Sr Member

So I molded the plaque, put it on real quick and working on the visor right now ;)

Before today is over, I shall be done with the visor (black and traslucid parts)