ST:TMP Klingon costume pics and info...

Onigiri and SgtFang, you both are tremendous fonts of knowledge and I salute you! I hope to one day soon start my Imperial uniform using the knowledge you have passed on here. Qapla'!

61393_10151299607774738_140300467_n.jpg

New to the board, but I know the Klingon costumes well. The leather is a grey calfskin that was also used as helmet covers in the Swedish army. You want the more supple calfskin rather than the more rigid cowhide. Talk to Ray at Downtown Saddlery in San Diego (It used to be part of McPherson's and he did the leather ordering). I would suggest for comfort using white heavyweight cotton Spandex and dye to get a color match. I used to have all sorts of reference shots of all the Klingon outfits including 8x10s under natural light, but I lent them to Shaunn Lawrence and he lost them.

Hey John, its me (Don Gaffney). John is correct and my uniform in the above pic is made from the McPhersons leather which (last i checked) is still available.

Only for the standard Klingon. The Kruge style closed in the front. The fur Chest piece actually zippered in to the vest and it closed in the front. "Some" of the later TV variations of the Kruge style zipped in the back as in at least one of the versions worn by Martok,

Wow, what a coincidence! ...you know, just last week I was considering finally getting going with this again and wanted to see if any of the old ref pics were still here in my old thread... and lo and behold the thread has been resurrected and great new references are even posted. Awsome!

HOLY COW! Thank you for sharing those.

What's the story behind the stunt mask? Did Mark Lenard double as a background Klingon in that scene too?

At first I thought there were 2 variations of the spine makeup. Looking at TMP again and it really looks like all the Klingons only grow hair on the sides of the head with the spine going all the way over to the back. Some comb the hair towards the center over the spine, such as the captain. Odd design. I prefer the look of the captain.

Wow--this thread is a blast from the past! Yep, red cover sketchbook. Reference photos page 208 & 209. Cool shots. Still don't have a scanner. :/

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back