ST: Discovery hate the show or Love it, 2nd Season EVA Suit is beautiful!

Captain April

Sr Member
The second season EVA suits are beautiful, the design is clearly a tribute to the TOS suits.
832UZHt.jpg discovery-season-2-sneak-peek-trek-shorts-announced-at-comic-con.jpeg Spacesuit.jpeg

Well, other than they are space suits I see no design influence from TOS.
I don't agree, their version of the Enterprise is a fanboy fantasy incorporating elements from every iteration of the starship from over the years. Thank you John Eaves for your service. From the costumes to the set dressing and control panels I see a lot of influence from TOS.

Well this thread is not about the ships or control panels or props. It's about the space suits. I just don't see it. Where do you see the design influence?

Maybe its the word "clearly" that I'm getting stuck on. The phasers and communicators are "clearly" inspired by their TOS counterparts. The space suits... at least to me... are not. You really have to look for it. But glad it's working for you. :)

Well, Both designs don't have a whole lot in common. But I like the new design. I would say it shows some kinship with the TNG Movie Suits. But Nowadays most Movie space suits look somewhat like that.

What I do really like is that they incorporated the Brach colours into the suits.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back