SS TOS Cylon Raider Version 2

Thanks, i've worked out most of the casting bugs and have built up a couple of kits, one just really quick and another with a better paint job. I will start taking orders soon, but may not be able to deliver many kits before X mas with my schedule. The kit will be $350.00 shipped in the US with a light kit but no stand like the original. The price is higher than i wanted but it is a very labor intensive kit....here is a peak at the "quick" build....i will take more comprehensive pics of the better build, this one was done just to see it put together.
mike

raptor170.jpg

What a terrific re-do. Love it, great work you have done. Outstanding. :thumbsup

Re: SS TOS Cylon Raider Version 2 updated pics

Here are some better pics of the kit that i built to make the instructions, it's not a totally cannon paint job but I am happy with it. Note that the decals are standins until i get some clear decal paper.
thanks
mike
raptor247.jpg

raptor253.jpg

raptor256.jpg

raptor245.jpg

raptor240.jpg

Great work MSlz22 ! ....as always! :eek

'nice to see that "analog" models will always hold sway over "digital"

No one gets excited about having a Data CD on your office desk, but put this baby on display in your office and you''ll be the envy of everyone at work.

(did I mention I work with a bunch of computer geeks) myself included

How about that Valkyrie for your next project !??!! :love

No offense to the points made here, but I just took some shots of my original SS Cylon that was built up for me by Jim Key and it seems to me that a camera lens can add the type of rounder shape that we are familiar with seeing the models on the TV show that are not evident looking at the model in real life?

cylon.jpg

cylon_2.jpg

I'm not sure if your asking if the V1 Raider was correct or if the new V2 Raider is not as "rounded" as it appears in my pics.? Let me know and i will be happy to clearify anything about the V2.

No offense to the points made here, but I just took some shots of my original SS Cylon that was built up for me by Jim Key and it seems to me that a camera lens can add the type of rounder shape that we are familiar with seeing the models on the TV show that are not evident looking at the model in real life?

Hey,
Not that you haven't already provided wonderful pics of this build-up, but...

You don't happen to have any cool pictures of the roto-casting and Roctocaster-machine?

If I recall their is also a thread on that very topic somewhere else on this forum.

Please!?
:D

That is a gorgeous replica!!! Is this going to be a limited kit, or will it be available as long as people want it?

Right now i am only planning on as many kits as a set of molds will produce, likely around 30 kits, demand is likely not high enough to warrant a second set of molds, the material cost for this project is very high....
mike

That is a gorgeous replica!!! Is this going to be a limited kit, or will it be available as long as people want it?

Hey everyone, i'm back from vacation and will be shipping out pre holiday orders starting after the 1rst a few a week, once i am caught up with those I will be able to take a handful of other orders. anyone who would like a kit can PM me if you have not already.
thanks

mike

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back