SS TOS Cylon Raider Version 2

Quick note for anyone who ordered a kit, all the kits are cast up and i will be packing them up and shipping them over the next week. Stuck at home today with my kid, snowday...but they will be going starting in the next day or so.
thanks
mike

Another quick note, I am sending the kits out this week but still need to make the instructions, I would rather people have the kits in hand and wait only for the instructions. Most of the kit is really, really easy to figure out so if anyone gets ambitious and starts before the instructions are done there are only a couple of things to note.

1.There are extra kit parts on a sheet of resin, they are there to replace any details that may have small bubbles on them, on the main body. The slush/roto casting method is not as perfect as pressure casting so a couple of parts may need to be shaved off and replaced with parts from the pressure cast replacement sheet. Most of the parts on the body come out fine, just a few you may want to replace, which is why i provide them....

2. The LED's that come with the kit are prewired superbright white, all you need to do is hook them up to a switch and a 9V battery, no added resistor is needed. The smaller 3mm are the "headlights" and the larger are the thruster lights. They are white, so if you want the fronts amber like the studio model you can just paint the tips a bit, they are so bright it will still shine thru.

thanks
mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the LED's, just to clearify, the LED's that i provide with the kit are prewired with a resistor in them under a heatshrunk sleeve, rated for up to 12 V DC. I thought providing LED's than just needed to be hooked up to the battery and switch would make things easier on you guys.....

Got my kit, Mike and I must say it's a beauty!! Terrific castings and really clean! I'm gonna enjoy this one a lot! Thanks again!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back