SS Probe Droid stop motion legs.

Wont be right away, ive a build to finish, but from there, the bench is clear, no distractions, and soon as the machined parts land, itll be underway, so the builds will be documented here.

lee

Lee, you must be crazy to keep building these. And they seem to get better every time too. Something tells me this thread is going to keep getting more and more popular!

Last edited:
Popular, i hope so Mike, but lets keep it about the building from here, to keep all things fair between us SS builders, and let sales talk, remain in the sales threads :).

lee

Hi guys,
I got home today and my wife told me she signed for a large box!!
needless to say, without even looking at it I knew what it was!!

I am unsure which picture I will be more hated for , this one:

probe droid :: photo5-1.jpg picture by marsattack70 - Photobucket

or this one!!!

probe droid :: photo5-1.jpg picture by marsattack70 - Photobucket

Sorry guys , I had to.
Its not often I get to show off a few Items I purchased, but just had to do this on this much anticipated one.

DSC_0855.jpg picture by marsattack70 - Photobucket

So , lets forget that the parcel got here within 4 days from the UK....
lets go beyond the incredible individually and very carefully wrapped items, and not sure if you can see it , but ignore the humangus size of box!!!

I cannot express how awesome these things are!
I cant take pictures that show the amount of work these have, I had no idea , nor would of ever been able to do this.

So again lets go past the obvious awesomeness of the legs which without a doubt everybody already knows and has at some point or other seen Lees pics of these.....
there is 2 things that stand out to me the most on these
One is this little brass bracket Lee made, I am completely blown away by it and the other is the total absence of any trace of glue!!
Now these have not been primed , cleaned nor sanded , there is absolutely no glue stains AT ALL!!!
It also has very cleverly the use of different attachment "systems"

They (Guy , Julien and Lee) are doing another set of what I can only imagine will be the ULTIMATE set if legs ever, probably better than ILM, lol
I say this , and I never use the word "ULTIMATE", as that its ridiculous to even say it for your own run of things as there will always be a better one, but I find myself saying it now as I find it hard to believe these legs as they stand will ever be topped!
The work Lee and Guy dedicated to the knowledge and assembly of these is ......... I need a thesaurus......ok simply awesome!!

I am very lucky to hear these guys at work on the future legs , their acuracy and determination for obtaining the Ultimate legs is inspiring!
no doubt this thread aint over????

Thank you for doing these
Marcel

They truly do look awesome. I only wish Australia wasn’t so big or airfares weren’t so expensive as i would take a trip down to Melbourne and then over to Perth and have a look at all the great builds that are going on down here.

Kinda forgot about this thread, thought it may come in handy for a few that will be building styrene legs in the near future, its not a full and perfect solution, but having taken on another commision for these, ill document here very soon (waiting on a few killer parts) and address any amendments (there are a few) along the way, sound good?

lee

Just to show an alternative to making the leg dampers in styrene and glue as depicted in Jasons thread, here is an example of the same hinge, just fashioned out of the brass used to make the damper itself.
I just felt it was a far more polished affair than bits of resin, and remember, try to get these as straight as you possibly can.
This example is on the V1 set Mars had commisioned, V2.5 is currently being drafted up by the team now, so much changes with these things with every new picture, luckily, there a breeze for me to scratchbuild now.

lee
Brasshinge.png

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back