SS Narcissus BUILD teaser.

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks. Heres something ive been working on for a while now. Some of you will no doubt have on of these very limited kits.
Ill be adding some other details to this thread as soon as i get time. All hands to the decks at the moment.
SAM_4928.JPG

SAM_4972.JPG
SAM_5002.JPG
IMG_5833.JPG
IMG_6379.JPG
IMG_6548.JPG
IMG_6532.JPG

Loads more to do, but its getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_6458.JPG
    IMG_6458.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6389.JPG
    IMG_6389.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 151
  • SAM_5556.JPG
    SAM_5556.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 141
Excellent vid/tuto for model builders getting into the hobby. (y) This kit is not for beginners for sure and it's a pleasure to see it grow by the update. Mark did a tremendous job researching and putting that kit together.:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy: He figured all of the discrepancies of the original and that's another step toward a true Studio Scale model(y)(y)

Excellent vid/tuto for model builders getting into the hobby. (y) This kit is not for beginners for sure and it's a pleasure to see it grow by the update. Mark did a tremendous job researching and putting that kit together.:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy: He figured all of the discrepancies of the original and that's another step toward a true Studio Scale model(y)(y)
In all my years of making studio scale kits, this is by far the best i have ever had the pleasure to build. It is a true masterpiece. Mark has been so accurate with the research and kit design it is truly humbling. Not to mention the beautiful "Haynes manual" which comes with it. I am trying my best to do it justice. Fingers crossed :)

Hello everyone. Here is the next little vid showing some of the Studio scale Narcissus work and some of the interior.

Just checking for light bleed now and blocking any holes through the perspex. Because of the transparent material used in the main build, some of the light bleeds through internally to the edges, so some areas will need to be taken to black before the primer goes on. Careful checking in the dark will reveal the work needed :).
We, myself and the client, decided that the front needed the Phil Rae fin treatment, just to key the look to the movie as they are well shown on the forced perspective version. I think it looks great compared to the test version which is left smooth.
Hope you like it so far.

HI there.
Thanks for the kind words.
To answer a couple of questions. The interior is completely custom built using real kit parts and plasticard, no prints at all. Lighting is custom using quite a few leds and lots of fibre optics plumbed through the walls etc. I took a fair amount of time to try and get the interior lit like a set, with darker areas and other downlighting, flashing blues etc. In daylight you can still tell it is lit, but not overly so. Im very happy with the result.
SAM_5368.JPG

SAM_5367.JPG

HI again folks. Its been a while. Im hopeing this isnt against regulations but Ive now got to a stage where the SS Narcissus model needs to be on some kind of stand. so ive discussed this with the owner, and he fancies a long arm, almost like the ISS Canadarm set up. So , long and spindly it is. Ive made a timelapse video of the greebly sessions if you fancy seeing inside my greebly head with a nice cup of tea to hand. I know this isnt the model itself, but i thought it may be nice to show the stand which it will sit on.

I think its looking pretty good so far. I cant wait to get the main model on there. More soon if i can face the 35 degree workshop :)
IMG_0836.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back