SS Model Builders, I need your help - reward for find.

Lee was banned? Seriously? Not wanting to distract from the thread but that's not a good sign for the future of this place.

Not wanting to distract from the thread but that's not a good sign for the future of this place.

If this future of the community is in jeapordy, it won't be due to the loss of this or any other single member. It was a shame that Lee pushed the staff to this point, but as with everyone else, he made his own choices. :(

If this future of the community is in jeapordy, it won't be due to the loss of this or any other single member. It was a shame that Lee pushed the staff to this point, but as with everyone else, he made his own choices. :(

Art,
I dont agree with. Each single SS loss is dramatic to the SS community. Look at the number of guys contributing to this section. Maybe 20 or 30 guys ? (and I mean contributing in all way, being building models or sharing infos). 60% (more at some times) of the posts of this section are not even SS related but from new members that cant even read where they are posting.I know the RPF staff doesnt care about the studio scale community, there is not even one dedicated moderator for them.
But in my opinion Studio Scale modeling is what this board was made for (and for props and costumes, wait a second I mean real stuff, the stuff which is as accurate as possible, not paper masks or armors -with all the respect I have for these guys, their work does not fit this place IMHO-).

So yeah, this is a big loss, I dont know who is right or no, I dont know what happened behind the scenes (from what I have seen that was publicly posted, I cant see any reason for his ban, but yeah, again and again, that's a big loss. But maybe the SS section will end with newbies showing eFX stuff. This will be sad, very sad.

And That's the reason this SS section will die. its the arrogance of the members thinking there section of the site is the only one that matters. its was that attitude that got Lee banned. I love Models but I love building models. could care less if I get the right part on my Builds. my contract stuff, yes I go for accuracy. But honestly I love the props section. I love seeing the skill and creative nature of what those guys do..

So for my two cents. THE SS Section does not make the Site. every section makes the site.

Carry on.

Well I typed a long message trying to explain you what this board is about because obviously you dont get it but an error occured. I will be short then, I do and I love any kind of modeling. But there are virtualy unlimited places for other kind of modeling (cars, armored stuff, planes etc) or pepakura stuff. We cant say the same for SS stuff.

Rembrandt, Picasso, Monet or Da Vinci are all great painters. However you wont see any of one's work displayed next to another. I let you find why. They all got talent though.

Dont forget why this board was originaly made, certainly not to post to post paper masks or general modeling stuff. And that's not being arrogant to say that.

But I disgress (like each time you're trolling in the SS section, if you dont agree with the SS rules, go away, as I said there are plenty of places where you can post your stuff and I will certainly follow your great threads whereever you post them). The community is small enough to take care of it (that does not mean rules could be broken though).

LOL Trolling Broken Record. look whos talking. its not al about you and kit parts. theres more to recreating a studio model that kit parts. and theres more to this forum than Studio scale. but PM me if you got more to say

None said there was not more than kitparts to build studio scale models.
There are indeed everything from general modeling :

-research
-designing/planning/drawing
-building/scratchbuilding (only a very few models are 100% kitbash), making masters, molds/resin pulls/vacformed pulls
-papainting

And of course finding parts, cutting, trimming them (not different than trimming stock styrene, maybe harder because you only have one chance, thinking about the Slave wings).

And this is what this section is all about. Everything else goes into the general section. Not sure why you dont understand that.
Studio scale modeling is not the elite of modeling, its just a different way to do modeling, not better than any other. Just trying to replicate those filming models we all love. And studio scale modeling is not all about kitparts, as I said, some of them were 100% kitparts will several (most of them ?) were 100% scratched (ILM Delorean etc).

Noone will force you to build a studio scale model, if you dont like it that's OK but dont blame those few who like it and have only an insignifiant small place on the Internet where they can talk about what they like to build.

This section is about studio scale models, and the number one goal is accuracy when it comes to us nutgalls, so I am with Julien on that one.

This forum is extremely important, but no more important overall than any other forum on the RPF. (except cosplay, bleeeeeh! :lol)

If a member is acting negatively, they get called out. If it happens for YEARS, it eventually results in a ban.

It's a grave shame to lose a member, but maybe now new blood will feel more comfortable posting, and not feel ostracized, alienated, driven away? Because I have seen that happen over the past few years here, and sometime we think we are being funny, but really we're being pompous jerks. And yes, I am talking about myself too.

So onward and upward, guys. Speaking for myself, I feel like I can post here again, and not have to worry about being called names in emails and on Facebook. (who am I kidding, that's never going to let up, lol!)

Art - I have two of our ace Japanese IDers on the case. We will ID the part one way or another, don't worry.

There's a lot of off-brand kit makers who could have made a bike that fits the bill. Was the helmet made in the UK I can assume? That can help us narrow it down too...

Julien, after reading what you said. I understand your point, But Here is my point. I don't care what you build and if your 100% set on making an accurate build. that's fine. its the stuck up nature of Certain Individuals here that leave a sour note. one just got banned. All talk, all knowing, no building. build what you want. but try to do it without being a insert your favorite insult here. And seeing as this is an OPEN forum still. just as you have your Opinion. I have mine.

And again im always a PM away which no one ever does.

Soooo...regarding Art's question...it also looks like it could be a cover off a weed wacker engine...the housing covering starter assembly?? But given the scale, it also looks to be only a few inches across? So maybe an rc engine housing??

Julien, after reading what you said. I understand your point, But Here is my point. I don't care what you build and if your 100% set on making an accurate build. that's fine. its the stuck up nature of Certain Individuals here that leave a sour note. one just got banned. All talk, all knowing, no building. build what you want. but try to do it without being a insert your favorite insult here. And seeing as this is an OPEN forum still. just as you have your Opinion. I have mine.

And again im always a PM away which no one ever does.

I get your point too.
I try to avoid using PM (My box is always full, 399 out of 400, and I try to keep one free spot, cant afford a premium account :)).

Jason I know what you mean about being insulted, I have been by a member of this board by email. It is impressive how some guys can be in RL.

Each single SS loss is dramatic to the SS community. Look at the number of guys contributing to this section. Maybe 20 or 30 guys ? (and I mean contributing in all way, being building models or sharing infos). 60% (more at some times) of the posts of this section are not even SS related but from new members that cant even read where they are posting.I know the RPF staff doesnt care about the studio scale community, there is not even one dedicated moderator for them.

Hold up now... I never said that the loss of a member like Lee wasn't a big deal or that it wasn't dramatic. We take no joy or pleasure in being forced to remove someone as talented as Lee and I will be the first to admit that his absence IS a loss to the community. The difference is that the loss of Lee or any single member is not the death knell of the community. Time and experience has shown that to be true again and again.

Soooo...regarding Art's question...it also looks like it could be a cover off a weed wacker engine...the housing covering starter assembly?? But given the scale, it also looks to be only a few inches across? So maybe an rc engine housing??

I wondered about an RC housing as well, but haven't been able to find anything even remotely close. One of the issues is I am not sure if the part highlighted is one part, mulitple parts that have been put together or even possibly a single part that has had sculpted components added.

Art - I have two of our ace Japanese IDers on the case. We will ID the part one way or another, don't worry.

There's a lot of off-brand kit makers who could have made a bike that fits the bill. Was the helmet made in the UK I can assume? That can help us narrow it down too...

I have got to believe the helmets were made in the UK, but I don't know that for a fact.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back