SS Interceptor Anybody Own One of These?

I've never seen that kit before, but IIRC this same guy sold a studio-scale TIE on eBay recently.

I do know of another project in the works, let me see if it's still classified and will PM you with more info.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

JDH

I looked at that auction you referred too and his model is piece for piece identical to a Fine Molds Tie Fighter. It looks like he mastered a larger version using the details from the Fine Molds as a base. I would assume he did the same for the Tie Interceptor as well. You can see the resemblance in this picture. The seat and the fuselage pieces give it away.

Not bad mouthing his work, quite the opposite. It is obvious he created his own masters. I am impressed.

0c_1.JPG

and here is the Interceptor
25_12_s.JPG

Sombody has to fess up, who owns one of these? Are they worth the price.

JDH

Hey Guys,

Its studio scale size but not studio scale accurate. JDH there was a SNAFU at UPS store I should have your tracking number in the AM. Guys I have tracked down every part on the Interceptor wings Im planning a kit in the next month. The wing masters are being laser cut as we speak. I will start a post thread about scratching the interceptor.

Steve

Here are some pics of the progress on the Interceptor wing build.. 100% accurate to the filming minature.

65290910.jpg

65290922.jpg

65290937.jpg

65290990.jpg

So guys hang in there.. I lost my standard TIE wing mold prematurely so I have been remolding it so havent had much time for the inteceptor the wings are being laser cut and have gotten the proper light diffuser material.

Steve

There you have it -- officially "declassified!" This should be an awesome new studio-scale replica. I have the "standard" fighter already and it is first rate. Look for a review article on my site in the near future (still waiting on remastered "hero" wing cores, coming soon. . .)

http://www.StarshipBuilder.com

swpropmaker, I was wondering about the details that look like 3 connected rectangles on the wings.

I've seen them used on the Interceptor, the Probe Droid and the ESB Star Destroyer when they were at the Smithsonian Exhibit. Just curious as to what they came from.

I'm (ever so slowly) working on a Star Destroyer about 30" long, but might start over on a larger version. I found some acrylic "shield generators" (light-up pen toppers) a while ago with the same cuts as the ESB SD, only they are bigger than the scale I am working in at the moment. It will take a little work and some clean up on a mold line, but the cuts are much cleaner than my scratchbuilt version.

Anyway, I'd just like to know how big they (rectangle parts) really are. Weird, I know, but that's me.

Dennis

Steve I swear to god, you are going to bankrupt me. I love the interceptor and can't wait to see your master. Also, thanks for the heads up on the tracking
icon_smile.gif

JDH

Thanks Treadwell, that's cool.

I started picking up kits for a SS TIE Bomber, got most of the armor kits, but never got around to getting the Morser Karl. It figures that it would have come from there.

Thanks again!

Dennis

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back